Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For those who experience this errors, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sherif111, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Sherif111 Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

For those who experience this errors, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. How do I resolve this error? I'd like to troubleshoot it. Is there any way I can find out what's the culprit behind it? I've updated my bios and windows. My PC Hard drive health is in good condition.the link of dump is here:Minidump.zipComputer Model : Vostro 3520BIOS Vendor : Dell Inc.BIOS Version : 1.23.0BIOS Date : 3/8/2024ProcessorProcessor : 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1255UClock Speed : 1.7GhzL2 Cache Size : 6656Memory

:)

Sherif111, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Pavel_47 Win User

Is there any remedy for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE other than reinstalling Windows?

Hello,

This DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE failure has been with me for several months now.

It occurs suddenly during normal operation. The signs that it occured are:

1. WiFi turns off without any possibility to troubleshoot
    2. USB PnP service turns OFF (but external HDDs that were connected before failure remain accessible)
    3. The shutdown continues for about 5 minutes before a "blue screen" appears with the announcement DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.
    4. When restarting Windows, WiFi needs troubleshooting: Troubleshooter resets WiFi
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Pavel_47, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you receive the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have tried to access the link for dump files shared by you. However, I was unable to access the link. I would suggest you to upload the files in OneDrive and share the link.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Remarks section of the
    article Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    and see if that helps.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 12, 2024
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I sometimes randomly encounter BSOD with error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I may encounter this error several times a day, but sometimes it may not appear in a day. I put here link to several dumps Microsoft OneDrive

I tried:

1. Reinstalling NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers using DDU
    2. Reinstalling Windows
    But problem still persists, please help

Alexander Makarov1, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11: Hi Everyone, Just got got a Lenovo ThinkBook 14 G7 and installed Windows 11, updated all Lenovo drivers etc...I'm currently facing the BSOD when i restart and shutdown and it's becoming very frequent.On the other hand, I'm also facing audio and video issues such as microphone...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11: Hi Everyone, Just got got a Lenovo ThinkBook 14 G7 and installed Windows 11, updated all Lenovo drivers etc...I'm currently facing the BSOD when i restart and shutdown and it's becoming very frequent.On the other hand, I'm also facing audio and video issues such as microphone...
  4. How to fix "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP...: Ive build a PC with these components:- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 5,0GHz AM5- ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming Wifi- ASUS ROG Strix 1200W Gold Aura Edition- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB- G.Skill Trident Z 5, 2x 32GB, DDR5 RAM- 3x M.2 SSD one has the system on it- 1x SSD- 1x HDD- AIO...
  5. How to fix "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP...

How to fix "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP...: Ive build a PC with these components:- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 5,0GHz AM5- ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming Wifi- ASUS ROG Strix 1200W Gold Aura Edition- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB- G.Skill Trident Z 5, 2x 32GB, DDR5 RAM- 3x M.2 SSD one has the system on it- 1x SSD- 1x HDD- AIO...
  6. BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when rebooting Lenovo X1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when rebooting Lenovo X1: It usually occurs when trying to shutdown or reboot the pc. It also often fails to go into hibernation.A sure sign that i will get a BSOD is when the bluetooth mouse has stopped working after a sleep or hibernation. And it has been so for over a year but not gotten around to...
  7. BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when rebooting Lenovo X1

BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when rebooting Lenovo X1: It usually occurs when trying to shutdown or reboot the pc. It also often fails to go into hibernation.A sure sign that i will get a BSOD is when the bluetooth mouse has stopped working after a sleep or hibernation. And it has been so for over a year but not gotten around to...
  8. BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when rebooting Lenovo X1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluetooth drivers crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluetooth drivers crashes: So i recorded a video about the process of the bluetooth crashing to the blue screen error message. But i cannot upload here also tried to convert the video into a link so i will explain here. I have also done all the troubleshooting steps, reinstalled drivers and updated my...
  10. Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluetooth drivers crashes

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bluetooth drivers crashes: So i recorded a video about the process of the bluetooth crashing to the blue screen error message. But i cannot upload here also tried to convert the video into a link so i will explain here. I have also done all the troubleshooting steps, reinstalled drivers and updated my...