Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Most of the time it crashes while I stream video on Brave Browser. But the first time it occurs after making dual boot Ubuntu along with Windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arabhiar, Nov 9, 2020.

1. arabhiar Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Most of the time it crashes while I stream video on Brave Browser. But the first time it occurs after making dual boot Ubuntu along with Windows.

I already make a fresh installation of Windows twice.

This is the minidump output

2: kd> !analyze -v

******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a timeArg2: ffff800581f27060, Physical Device Object of the stackArg3: ffff900d21c3f750, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stackArg4: ffff800585a17010, The blocked IRPDebugging Details:------------------Implicit thread is now ffff8005`80ebc080KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value: 2374 Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisProvider.CPP Value: Create: 8007007e on ABHI Key : Analysis.DebugData Value: CreateObject Key : Analysis.DebugModel Value: CreateObject Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec Value: 2370 Key : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb Value: 86 Key : Analysis.System Value: CreateObjectADDITIONAL_XML: 1OS_BUILD_LAYERS: 1DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x8 Kernel Generated Triage DumpBUGCHECK_CODE: 9fBUGCHECK_P1: 3BUGCHECK_P2: ffff800581f27060BUGCHECK_P3: ffff900d21c3f750BUGCHECK_P4: ffff800585a17010DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3FAULTING_THREAD: ffff800580ebc080BLACKBOXBSD: 1 !blackboxbsdBLACKBOXNTFS: 1 !blackboxntfsBLACKBOXPNP: 1 !blackboxpnpBLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1PROCESS_NAME: SystemSTACK_TEXT: ffff900d`21c1e9b0 00000000`0002a6ec : 00000000`00000010 ffff8005`80ebc080 00000000`00000000 ffff900d`21c1ebb9 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x76ffff900d`21c1eaf0 00000000`00000010 : ffff8005`80ebc080 00000000`00000000 ffff900d`21c1ebb9 ffffbd81`0cbdc180 : 0x2a6ecffff900d`21c1eaf8 ffff8005`80ebc080 : 00000000`00000000 ffff900d`21c1ebb9 ffffbd81`0cbdc180 fffff800`752581c0 : 0x10ffff900d`21c1eb00 00000000`00000000 : ffff900d`21c1ebb9 ffffbd81`0cbdc180 fffff800`752581c0 ffffbd81`fffffffe : 0xffff8005`80ebc080STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xffff800580ebc080 ; kbSYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSwapContext+76MODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exeIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.610BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 76FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_nt!KiSwapContextOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {9b97db3a-4198-767c-9e74-d700cb0721e0}Followup: MachineOwner---------

Please look into it. I tried all the solutions like changing power setting, untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

:)

arabhiar, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you receive the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have tried to access the link for dump files shared by you. However, I was unable to access the link. I would suggest you to upload the files in OneDrive and share the link.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Remarks section of the
    article Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    and see if that helps.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 9, 2020
  3. netalyst Win User
    Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

@zbook
    HDTune - WDC hdd#2
    Benchmark:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE [​IMG]

Amazing how rapidly transfer speed (appears to) detiorate. Just an average of 143 MB/s - did not expect that from a reasonable quality 6Gb/s sata drive?

Health:

As suggested, will let error check run overnight.

Shift + restart only gave 3 options - no Safe Mode
    1. Continue ( to win10)
    2. Trouble Shoot
    3. Shutdown/Turn-off

Fast start-up is turned off.

Best,
    Mike

netalyst, Nov 9, 2020
  4. netalyst Win User

Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

@philc43

Thank you again, I'll keep using system as you suggest - zbook is still awaiting many more results from me, so the PC is going to be busy!

And I shall post more recent logs (as per my first post) in 24hrs. Fingers crossed - default position for me *Smile

Best,
    Mike

- - - Updated - - -
    @zbook

Sata SSD Drive:
    a. HDtune Benchmark:

b. hdtune Health:

c. Full Error Scan:

Rest to follow shortly - or not so shortly, depending on how long they take to run.
    I'm on cooking duty tonight, so busy for most of the time.
    Best,
    Mike

netalyst, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  3. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  4. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  5. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  6. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer: I began encountering this error after updating certain drivers. I attempted to uninstall or rollback the drivers, but my computer was operating sluggishly at the time. Consequently, I opted to reset my computer, which resulted in smoother performance. However, despite this...
  9. Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer

Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer: I began encountering this error after updating certain drivers. I attempted to uninstall or rollback the drivers, but my computer was operating sluggishly at the time. Consequently, I opted to reset my computer, which resulted in smoother performance. However, despite this...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My Dell Latitude 3410 crashed while the lid is closed and the fans started to get loud and when the lid is opened, it displayed a BSOD and shows the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. How to resolve this problem?...