Windows 10: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install

Discus and support DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a brand new ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 which BSOD's occasionally with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6. I have not intentionally turned on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guy Barel, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Guy Barel Win User

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install

Hello,

I have a brand new ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 which BSOD's occasionally with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6.

I have not intentionally turned on Driver Verifier.

These BSOD's have occurred with Lenovo's fully updated OEM install of v1903,

A clean install from a Win10 Recovery drive created from the above v1903 install,

A clean install from a Win10 Installation Media created from v1909.

The BSOD's occasionally occur during or after running Acronis True Image 2020 backups or validations to

a StarTech.com M.2 NVMe Enclosure - USB 3.1 M2E1BMU31C with a 1TB Samsung SSD,

or during a Norton Internet Security scan with the same backup drive attached.

I am not 100% certain the backup drive is related to the issue.

All Windows and Lenovo Vantage updates have been applied.

DISM \online \cleanup-image \restorehealth and,

SFC \scannow have been run several times without any issues detected or corrected.

I have two memory dump files and two minidump files available. I've taken a look at both memory dump files, but I am not well versed in analyzing these types of files.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get with resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Guy

:)

Guy Barel, Mar 4, 2020

2. When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2

When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2

CopywriterLP, Mar 4, 2020
  3. When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2

Hi CopywriterLP

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

As a peer to peer support community, we would not have any clue as when they will stock products like the Thinkpad P1 Gen 2.

You can contact the store to find out:

You may try chatting with MS Support

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Sales and Support:
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US...

Andre for Directly, Mar 4, 2020
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install

When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2

Thanks for the advice Andre. The Microsoft Store had no clue when they would restock Thinkpads. I started with them before asking the Microsoft Community. I prefer brick & mortar to Lenovo.com although in this case it would appear.. .

CopywriterLP, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6 ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 Win10 Clean Install - Similar Threads - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION ThinkPad Gen

2. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: Hello, I have gotten this BSOD a couple times now while playing a game. Its not all the time and seems to be random. Any help would be greatly appreciated because i cannot seem to figure out what is causing this issue and its starting to frustrate me. I have tried clean...
  3. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: Hello, I have gotten this BSOD a couple times now while playing a game. Its not all the time and seems to be random. Any help would be greatly appreciated because i cannot seem to figure out what is causing this issue and its starting to frustrate me. I have tried clean...
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: Hello Guys,maybe somebody can help me, i am receiving an Bluescreen very often.I have uploaded the Minidumps which was stored in the Minidump Folder I tried to analyze the dumps with windbg but the only process which crash is follow ntkrnlmp.exe.Maybe anybody can check this...
  6. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: Hello Guys,maybe somebody can help me, i am receiving an Bluescreen very often.I have uploaded the Minidumps which was stored in the Minidump Folder I tried to analyze the dumps with windbg but the only process which crash is follow ntkrnlmp.exe.Maybe anybody can check this...
  7. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

8. BSOD - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6

BSOD - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION e6: Hello One of our Lenovo P53 Notebooks threw this bluescreen today, out of nowhere the user was typing in notepad. It is not reproducable. Driver verifier is disabled. I have a minidmup and a memorydump, please tell me what's needed. I tried analyzing them using WinDBG...
  9. When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2: When will Microsoft Store stock Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-store-stock-thinkpad-p1-gen-2/0f207a33-ceac-4f0e-b0bd-0c75a5cb2760
  10. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6)

BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6): I have been getting this error (BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6)) typically while playing video games but have seen it occur simply idling. The thing that I find strange is that I don't even have the Driver Verifier turned on. I have done the "verifier /reset" command...