Windows 10: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Discus and support DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RWallace Consulting LLC, Mar 15, 2019.

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Hi,

Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens about every 3-5 days. I have executed windows update. I have updated bios. I have run checkdsk. I have run dell diagnostics and supportAssist functions. All drivers seem to be up to date.

The common occurrence used to be running when i was tunning vmware workstation 15. however, it can crash without running a vm. I upgraded vmware workstation v14 to v15 back in Jan, so it ran for a month with no problems.

After the first BSOD in feb, everything on the system was then updated. I don't have a restore point, so would like to avoid re-installing windows at the moment, but I don't know what cause the breakage to begin with. Nothing was installed around Feb 25.

I can post multiple minidump and memory dmp files if necessary. Driving me crazy.

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION hal.dll 00000000`00000026

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RWallace Consulting LLC, Mar 15, 2019
  2. AngHerath Win User

Constant BSOD. Stop code: Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation

I regret to inform you that the BSOD has occurred again with the stop code Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation. Would you also need the dump for that too? It is in the same folder as the others.

AngHerath, Mar 15, 2019
  3. AngHerath Win User
    Constant BSOD. Stop code: Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation

I have been having constant blue screens with the stop code of Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation. I have checked in BlueScreenView and it says from the dump that the blue screen is caused by HAL.dll . Parameter 1 is "00000000`00000026".

AngHerath, Mar 15, 2019
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Window 10: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the blue screen error I'm getting on my Alienware 15 R4: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION.

It seems to happen spontaneously, sometimes under heavy load, sometimes when just downloading something.

As far as I can tell the built-in windows 10 'verifier' is not configured to test anything, so it doesn't seem this is caused by some inadvertent stress-test being run.

FortGreeneVR, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days - Similar Threads - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few

2. Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot: Hello, Every few days, I'm on Chrome and Internet stops working suddenly. Here is the picture. Read the text below... [ATTACH] Only a reboot fixes the issue and gives me a few days again. What may be the issue? How to fix that? Thank you...
  3. BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea: Recently i have changed ram and graphic card, before that no issue at all I have uploaded more information, any help will be great 130854
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE every other few days......

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE every other few days......: Hi I keep getting Kernel security check failure even after i just clean install window 10 a few days ago.......dont know the reason and chkdsk on my drive seem to be fine. Please help im very new to this.... here is google drive link mini Dump file thank you...
  5. Windows 10 crashes every few days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes every few days: Hi I have this issue since April now. Windows 10 randomly crashes every few days. I have now changed 4 hdd's sent the ram for replacement, and have also sent the motherboard for tests. Wondering if anyone had similar problems. I.have Asus Z170a motherboard and 16gb ram...
  6. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  7. Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes: Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between. They don't seem to happen at any specific time or usage; having occured when the pc was idle overnight aswell as when playing a...
  8. BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.: Hello! I've been having blue screens for a long time now. I've even had them on Windows 7. I can not really replicate the problem and I am not sure what causes it. Most of the time it happens when I am watching YouTube or Twitch, but the most recent one happened when playing...
  9. BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so

BSOD (Critical_Structure_Corruption) once every few days or so: Hello everyone, This is going to be my first post here. So, recently, (post-W10 Anniversary Update) I've had BSOD's start to happen. They all seem to be CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ones. I don't know if it's because of the Anniversary Update, or because of some things I...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop code driver verifier dma violation

2. driver verifier DMA violation win10

3. driver verifier dma violation dell