Windows 10: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Discus and support DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RWallace Consulting LLC, Mar 15, 2019.

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Hi,

Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens about every 3-5 days. I have executed windows update. I have updated bios. I have run checkdsk. I have run dell diagnostics and supportAssist functions. All drivers seem to be up to date.

The common occurrence used to be running when i was tunning vmware workstation 15. however, it can crash without running a vm. I upgraded vmware workstation v14 to v15 back in Jan, so it ran for a month with no problems.

After the first BSOD in feb, everything on the system was then updated. I don't have a restore point, so would like to avoid re-installing windows at the moment, but I don't know what cause the breakage to begin with. Nothing was installed around Feb 25.

I can post multiple minidump and memory dmp files if necessary. Driving me crazy.

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION hal.dll 00000000`00000026

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RWallace Consulting LLC, Mar 15, 2019
  2. AngHerath Win User

Constant BSOD. Stop code: Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation

I regret to inform you that the BSOD has occurred again with the stop code Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation. Would you also need the dump for that too? It is in the same folder as the others.

AngHerath, Mar 15, 2019
  3. AngHerath Win User
    Constant BSOD. Stop code: Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation

I have been having constant blue screens with the stop code of Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation. I have checked in BlueScreenView and it says from the dump that the blue screen is caused by HAL.dll . Parameter 1 is "00000000`00000026".

AngHerath, Mar 15, 2019
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

Window 10: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the blue screen error I'm getting on my Alienware 15 R4: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION.

It seems to happen spontaneously, sometimes under heavy load, sometimes when just downloading something.

As far as I can tell the built-in windows 10 'verifier' is not configured to test anything, so it doesn't seem this is caused by some inadvertent stress-test being run.

FortGreeneVR, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days - Similar Threads - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few

2. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  7. Audio begins crackling every few days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio begins crackling every few days: My audio began crackling a few days ago and I can restart my computer to fix it but that’s a fairly lengthy process since it’s just a laptop and I’d like to not be interrupted by broken audio while using it. Is there any permanent solution. It only happens when my headphones...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver_verifier_dma_violation vmware

2. stop code driver verifier dma violation

3. driver verifier DMA violation win10

4. driver verifier dma violation dell