Windows 10: Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation (hidclass.sys)

Discus and support Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation (hidclass.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I keep getting this message after i login everytime it reboots. I ran driver verifier because prior to this message, i was getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hendo11, May 4, 2016.

1. Hendo11 Win User

Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation (hidclass.sys)

So I keep getting this message after i login everytime it reboots. I ran driver verifier because prior to this message, i was getting "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" errors. I am currently in safemode running SFC /scannow. I am unsure of how to get dump files or anything to help you troubleshoot, because i cant open the BSOD posting instructions on my phone... Can anyone walk me through it, and subsequently help me get my comp up and running for finals week?

UPDATE: sfc didnt find any integrity issues... Help

UPDATE 2: Got my .zip from the 10 Forums posting instructions

UPDATE 3: Got .zip again in normal mode, as per axe0's request

:)

Hendo11, May 4, 2016

2. driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass.sys

First I got a Kernel_security_check_error message, and attempted to resolve this with verifier from the command prompt. Now I am getting the above message and am completely unable to use my computer outside of Safe Mode. I have tried disabling verifier,
    but it still happens. Please help!

LouisKluting, May 4, 2016
  3. driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass.sys

Driver verified and Related to WmVirHid.sys Logitech WingMan Virtual Hid Device Driver.

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

To disable driver verifier
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

I recommend that you also perform a clean boot to ensure the boot process won't get interfered.

Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation (hidclass.sys) [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked

axe0, May 4, 2016
  5. Hendo11 Win User
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    I did all of that and it is up and running outside of safemode, so thank you. Does this mean it's all fixed? Must I leave all of those services off? what else should I do? also, I updated my original post with .dmp files attached.

Thank you for your time!

Hendo11, May 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Nope, driver verifier caused a crash in the boot process, to let you boot again as much as possible of the 3rd party stuff had to be disabled to ensure no problem would be present other than hardware & Windows itself.

As you can boot normally now, run the DM Log Collector again but this time in normal mode, this makes that some missing stuff will be included which are missing due to safe mode.

axe0, May 4, 2016
  7. Hendo11 Win User
    I have reran the DM Log collector and attached the new .zip to my main post. hope this helps, thank you again!

Hendo11, May 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

This surprises me, no hotfixes has been installed in months. This should at least be 10+ hotfixes
    Code: Original Install Date: 1/16/2016, 4:24:42 PM Hotfix(s): N/A[/quote] Why I say 10+ is because I have installed Windows 10 2 months ago and I have 7 hotfixes installed. In the few months time difference there have been some hotfixes released which are included in the installation and thus not shown in the list of installed hotfixes but for others it is not directly included in the installation and thus the number of installed hotfixes increases.

Visit Windows Update in the settings and make sure that everything is installed.

axe0, May 5, 2016
  9. Hendo11 Win User
    Why I say 10+ is because I have installed Windows 10 2 months ago and I have 7 hotfixes installed. In the few months time difference there have been some hotfixes released which are included in the installation and thus not shown in the list of installed hotfixes but for others it is not directly included in the installation and thus the number of installed hotfixes increases.

Visit Windows Update in the settings and make sure that everything is installed.[/quote] I have windows update set to automatic, however there are 2 updates available. The installation is taking a while so i will update this thread when they are completed. the updates are:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.883.0)
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140741).

I do not know why there have been no hotfixes on my machine. Could that have caused my initial SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD's?

Hendo11, May 5, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    That possibility is present.

How long does the download for the KB3140741 take? If it takes a long time, depending on your internet connection of course, it means that your system hasn't installed this update what it should have as this update has monthly been released with new hotfixes and several other updates every month and thus that would mean there is something going on what is beyond my doing here.

11. Hendo11 Win User
    I am getting an error with that update specifically:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140741) - Error 0x800f0900

any advice?

Hendo11, May 5, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow&DISM / Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

EDIT: please make a screenshot of the command prompt after both commands have finished and post it.

13. Hendo11 Win User

Please try following:
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow&DISM / Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" (without quotes) and press enter
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

EDIT: please make a screenshot of the command prompt after both commands have finished and post it. Attachment 78338
    here ya go, the first one. rebooting now

Hendo11, May 5, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Oops, a typo in the DISM command *Redface
    The typo is the space between / and Online which makes the command invalid.

Try this command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

It's getting a bit late for me (my eyes are half open...)

15. Hendo11 Win User
    Please try following:

EDIT: please make a screenshot of the command prompt after both commands have finished and post it. Forgot to screenshot after the DISM but it said something like "this system is repairable". Here is the screenshot after the 2nd SFC: Attachment 78452
    Did that help at all?

Hendo11, May 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation (hidclass.sys) - Similar Threads - Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass sys

2. DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION Crash: Hello everyone. I am having issues with driver manager at the moment. My PC has been acting really weird lately and for no apparent reason, I get random crashes related to drivers. I tried to fix this issue with driver verifier, but it doesn't seem to work properly and...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION: Hello!When trying to copy/delete any file which is located in a OneDrive folder, my laptop crashes with blue screen and error DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. I used the BlueScreenView app to check the error, I’m attaching the screenshot. I tried DISM /Online...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION: Hello!When trying to copy/delete any file which is located in a OneDrive folder, my laptop crashes with blue screen and error DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. I used the BlueScreenView app to check the error, I’m attaching the screenshot. I tried DISM /Online...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION: I ran the windows driver verifier tool because of a previous blue screen and now every time I try to boot my laptop I have this blue screen with the code : DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION I tried to boot in safe mod but it tells me to enter my recovery key that I don’t...
  6. Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD c9 WUDFRD.sys problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD c9 WUDFRD.sys problem: I have been experiencing a BSOD f9 driver_power_state_failure error when rebooting, but is eventually able to finally restart Windows. I turned to running verifier.exe to troubleshoot it, set to verify all drivers during the next restart, and during the reboot it produced...
  7. driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD loop on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD loop on startup: I've been having nothing but problems with Windows 10 since I upgraded from windows 7. All the parts I've had worked on 7 just fine. I upgraded to 10 and I've been getting BSOD randomly and especially on the startups. I even would get BSOD just from the upgrade to 10. I had...
  8. Bootloop BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (HIDCLASS.sys)

Bootloop BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (HIDCLASS.sys): Hi, When starting my PC normally it keeps crashing into BSOD with BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (HIDCLASS.sys). This started after I started the driver verifier to check for driver errors. Now my PC is stuck in a bootloop (probably) caused a drivers, though...
  9. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION: First part of my problem: Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) - Windows 10 Forums So I uninstalled Daemon tools and my computer now gets to the point where it loads the login screen, it crashes right before showing the the landscape pictures. It then...
  10. driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass.sys

driver_verifier_iomanager_violation hidclass.sys: ive had multiple random bsod over the last week or so. such as kmode exception not handled and a couple others. the last couple dmp files are from me running verifier. sorry i dont know what else to add im new And thankyou to anyone who decides to help 53694