Windows 10: DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

Discus and support DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a tiny problem where the DriverAgent.com program is putting a desktop icon whenever I run the program. I delete the previous one and a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zeke33, May 29, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

I'm having a tiny problem where the DriverAgent.com program is putting a desktop icon whenever I run the program. I delete the previous one and a new one pops up. Is there any way to get this to stop? There is no option to turn it off in the app as far as I can tell. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Build 18363

:)

zeke33, May 29, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

DriverAgent Plus

Hi thruwu2,

That is one of those useless utilities that claim to keep your device drivers up-to-date, but in the long run cause more issues than they fix . . .

Go to Control Panel - Programs And Features and uninstall that Utility from the list of installed apps

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if DriverAgent Plus is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if DriverAgent Plus is listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, May 29, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2020
  4. DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 29, 2020
Thema:

DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

1. DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program - Similar Threads - DriverAgent putting desktop

2. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  3. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  4. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  5. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  6. "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.: I don't know if this can be traced back to a recent Windows 10 system update, but the "This PC" desktop icon keeps moving to the bottom-right-most position of the left-hand stack of desktop icons. ie: If I put another icon there, it will move either underneath that icon or...
  7. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  8. every time i open a ms program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"
  9. how do I put an icon on the desktop?

how do I put an icon on the desktop?: I cannot put icons on the desktop? nothing I do seems to work. There are icons already part of the operating system; I mean "new" icons from URLs...
  10. DriverAgent Plus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DriverAgent Plus: Does anybody know what this is, what it does and if it is necessary? It has been popping up on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/driveragent-plus/1dd91943-a791-4daa-a388-d1b7a724906c