Windows 10: 'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated...

Discus and support 'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! I came across 'DriverDR' on DDU's website. I thought I would try it and see and it lists lots of drivers that need updating It looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C0zzie, Feb 5, 2018.

1. C0zzie Win User

'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated...

Hey!

I came across 'DriverDR' on DDU's website.
    I thought I would try it and see and it lists lots of drivers that need updating
    It looks like jargon to me. Do I just ignore this and just normally use Windows updates and graphics driver updates?

'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated... [​IMG]

:)

C0zzie, Feb 5, 2018
  2. Sad_sack Win User

DriverDR

TWO PART QUESTION...

Somehow it appears that DriverDR was installed on my PC. I know, I know, it was me that clicked on it. Nonetheless, Can not find the download anywhere on my PC. And it installed. I could not find the download so I can't UNINSTALL. I can not use the aforementioned
    process to uninstall if I can't find it. And yes, I searched and searched for days to locate DriverDR (smiling here) I could think of nothing else to do but go to REGEDIT to locate and delete. But alas, I couldn't get all of DriverDR in regedit because there
    are still controls left behind telling me that it can notify me of whatever.

And last but not least... Can you tell me if DriverDR legit or do I need to worry? -Thanks

Sad_sack, Feb 5, 2018
  3. korngear Win User
    speed of Searching lots of contact lists

All series 60 have this glitch.

I guess 6110 is MS comaptible.

korngear, Feb 5, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Those programs are Snake Oil! Disaster waiting to happen. Ok, bit melodramatic, but they are NOT needed and should be avoided. Use Windows updates and/or your OEM vendor sites for the proper drivers and updates. Never a "Kitchen Magician" driver program.

f14tomcat, Feb 5, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    Devices missing drivers: 0 - That is all you need to know.
    It's just tripe about updating drivers. Quite often hardware is not ID properly. A Driver 'version' may just change when they incorporate something for new hardware you don't have, the driver bit for yours is the same, all you get is new version number and nothing else.
    I know there are countless "driver updaters" that will do that exact thing on the Laptop I'm using now. The drivers all work, that is it, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.
    There are hundreds if not thousands of, Driver updaters and go faster/cleaner, applications, all snake oil.

Advertisers target gamer websites as they know they are more easily misled to use such snake oil.

Helmut, Feb 5, 2018
  6. C0zzie Win User
    oh nice, thanks for the advice guys.
    I was actually about the whole if it dint broke saying, so I will just uninstall it

Thanks for the insight *Smile

P.S I learnt about the "snake oil" term now :0

C0zzie, Feb 5, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    *Thumbs Yeah, you'll see that around. When you do, raise an eyebrow and just back away! Glad you decided to make it go bye-bye..... *Smile

f14tomcat, Feb 5, 2018
  8. 'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated...

It has found no missing drivers on mine, it uses easyware technology based on drivereasy's old engine.
    Driver Easy allows to download drivers for free at slow speed, you just have to update them manually.

You can also search for drivers based on the results, looking for version number in Microsoft Update Catalog.
    Windows does not update drivers automatically, only occasionally. Basically, it does not fix, what is not broken.

TairikuOkami, Feb 5, 2018
  9. C0zzie Win User
    Interesting...
    But I think I still might leave it. None of the drivers that needed 'updating' looked..important?

C0zzie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated... - Similar Threads - 'DriverDR' lists lots

2. Odd device driver question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd device driver question: Device: Hantek 1008C 8-Channel PC-based automotive oscilloscope.Environment: ThinkPad L15 running Win11Pro64, AMC Ryzen 7 1.7GHZ, 16GB RAM, Full updates.Problem: When I first got this unit, I plugged it in, set up the driver and application without incident on my desk, and...
  3. Odd device driver question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd device driver question: Device: Hantek 1008C 8-Channel PC-based automotive oscilloscope.Environment: ThinkPad L15 running Win11Pro64, AMC Ryzen 7 1.7GHZ, 16GB RAM, Full updates.Problem: When I first got this unit, I plugged it in, set up the driver and application without incident on my desk, and...
  4. Updating Printer Driver List

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating Printer Driver List: Hi, I'm in the process of getting 18 new Surface Pro 7's booted, updated, and ready for users and when it came time to start installing printers I've been unable to install normally which is. 1. Printers & Scanners2. Add a printer or Scanner3. Printer that I want isn't...
  5. Need A LOT of help in A LOT ofstem failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need A LOT of help in A LOT ofstem failures: Hi I have been asking for help in this community and been getting help but I always ask like a question while I have alot so iam gonna tell all of them my laptop was perfect until last week it got a white horizontal line and screen flickering while using an app called parsec...
  6. Odd entry in Programs list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd entry in Programs list: Just got the Oct 2020 update installed on WIn10 Home. Have an unusual reg key-looking entry in programs list: [ATTACH] Clicking on details shows: [ATTACH] Never seen this type of entry in Programs before. Any idea what it might be? Cannot uninstall via Windows...
  7. Odd Wifi network list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  8. My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it

My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it: Hello, For the past couple of days, whenever I plugged in a USB device such as a USB flash drive, the USB drive to my wireless mouse, or the USB cable to my cellphone, it would not connect and Microsoft did not say whether it recognized it or not. It would not show up in...
  9. Odd change in MS account list of devices

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Odd change in MS account list of devices: I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things. 1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell...
  10. Usb driver odd behaviour?

Usb driver odd behaviour?: Hi! This is long term issue for me, i was not able to find a clear answer for why this happens, since to me it's not working as intended. So what happens when i use FTDI 230x as Comport and attach or detach USB device to my system, for reason or another RTS signal...