Windows 10: Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

Discus and support Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a driverless usb keyboard that works on every other pc in the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all usb drivers .Still no function.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patrick Q, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Patrick Q Win User

Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

I have a driverless usb keyboard that works on every other pc in the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all usb drivers .Still no function. Please assist.

:)

Patrick Q, Jul 16, 2018

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

1. Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop - Similar Threads - Driverless USB keyboard

2. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard not functional: my system applications like Microsoft store, search menu, whatsApp does not work with my laptop keyboard, but chrome, edge, office word recognizes it. What can I do to rectify this issue?...
  3. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard not functional: my system applications like Microsoft store, search menu, whatsApp does not work with my laptop keyboard, but chrome, edge, office word recognizes it. What can I do to rectify this issue?...
  4. Laptop Keyboard not functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  6. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  7. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

8. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function: My keyboard when im typing is either A) randomly deciding to type another letter twice for example typing (caat, instead of cat) as well as skip letters. B) when I use the Win + a letter such as D or L, it doesn't work, but I can do Win + R for run? I tried going to the...
  9. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop: Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner upgraded it to Windows 10. I was able to get it working again by removing and reconnecting the battery and then using Reset this...
  10. No USB or Keyboard function after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No USB or Keyboard function after Update: Hi, I own a Linx 12X64 tablet with detachable keyboard. Ever since the most recent Windows update forced itself onto my system I have been unable to use the keyboard and touchpad or the USB port. I had no system retore pont to revert to so I opted for the "reinstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery tablet wireless device laptop the latestprobably driverless