Windows 10: DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

Discus and support DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sara 92, May 5, 2022.

1. sara 92 Win User

DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script

:)

sara 92, May 5, 2022
  2. ineuw Win User

DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution

For safety's sake I am writing this post from Linux because there are three objects from DriverPack Solutions embedded in my Windows 10 installation, and I can't get rid of them with Malwarebytes, Avast boot time scans, or with a file unlocker. So on booting into Windows, I disconnect the Ethernet cable, so that their DriverPack Notifier cannot call home.

The software installed itself unexpectedly when I visited the Epson website for some software downloads. Uninstalled it with REVO uninstaller, but not completely because, when I went to the Intel website for mobo updates, they activated themselves again and displayed an unremovable warning that I am inundated with viruses. Their app didn't show up in the Windows Task manager. Malwarebytes removed 91 PUPs from the company, but a rootkit scan and the Avast boot time scan found nothing.

Then I used "Everything" and found three instances of DriverPack files.

C:\System Volume Information\SPP\OnlineMetadataCache\E8FAA4F6-7910-4F8D-909F-EFC7CA6531E6
    C:\System Volume Information\SPP\SppGroupCache\E8FAA4F6-7910-4F8D-909F-EFC7CA6531E6 DriverPackageInfo
    C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\SWCUData\Cache\InstallLocation\DriverPack Notifier

So I am going to try and delete them from Linux. Also, first of my concerns that this is a Russian company. Enough said.

ineuw, May 5, 2022
  3. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, May 5, 2022
  4. cereberus Win User

DriverPack Solutions is NOT a solution

There is one driver pack solution you can trust - it's called Windows 10!

Any driver pack is only as good (at best) as the information it has gathered which may be months or even years out of date.

They are snake oil, often riddled with crap/malware.

Windows 10 is brilliant at sorting drivers - so much so, you can take a drive from an old intel drive and put in an amd pc with completely different graphics/wifi systems, and in most cases it just works.

Occasionally, the vendor website has a more up to date driver not in the W10 database - update manually.

cereberus, May 5, 2022
Thema:

1. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem - Similar Threads - DriverPack notifier cause

2. PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack: Bonjour Avec une analyse complete j'ai vu qu'il y avait une menace sur mon ordinateur avec windws defender je l'ai bloqué mais comment je fais pour l'enlever cela dit PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack Elementy affectésfile: C:\Users\quick...
  3. PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack: Bonjour Avec une analyse complete j'ai vu qu'il y avait une menace sur mon ordinateur avec windws defender je l'ai bloqué mais comment je fais pour l'enlever cela dit PUABundler:Win32/DriverPack Elementy affectésfile: C:\Users\quick...
  4. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  5. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  6. DriverPack notifier problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DriverPack notifier problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  7. DriverPack notifier problem

DriverPack notifier problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  8. DriverPack notifier problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. PUA:Win32/DriverPack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PUA:Win32/DriverPack: Window Defender picked up the above but will not allow me to remove or quarantine it. Affected Items: file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\Users\richa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Cache\f_000498 any Ideas?...
  10. Notify problem solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Notify problem solved: Is there anything more discouraging to helpers than when a member requests assistance, suggestions being provided, and then no further response from the original poster. By the thread starter notifying what solved their problem, could also help others in the same...