Windows 10: Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support

Discus and support Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, Intel finally came out and admitted that their wireless network adapter drivers were the cause of many BSOD issues for many people, and they have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nosrac1933, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support

So, Intel finally came out and admitted that their wireless network adapter drivers were the cause of many BSOD issues for many people, and they have finally released updated drivers for most wireless adapters, save for a few including the one on my laptop the Dual Band AC 3160. Supposedly it's at end of life - because, you know ... buy more! - and therefore won't be getting any updated drivers anytime soon.

The question is what next? My laptop works great It's in top shape with a fresh install of windows, 12 gb of ram and all I need for my office functions. The only problem is I can't use the wifi on it or I run the risk of BSOD and loss of productivity.

There's got to be a fix somewhere. I mean, Microsoft and Intel are lazy as .... but I didn't know they were *that* lazy. Or is it greed?

Help a guy out. These BSOD are not doing my system any good whatsoever.

:)

Nosrac1933, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

WCMSVC service errors (ID 7011) causing Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 to be disabled and grayed out

Hi!

Need a little more information on the Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. Is it this one?

Intel

• What does it say in Device Manager
    • Does the BIOS detect the card
    • Is the card seated in the slot
    I just went threw a bunch of software trouble shooting on a wireless USB button, and found out it was not software. Replacing the hardware fixed.

Teddy2016, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Gr1su Win User
    Win10x32 driver for Intel AC 8265 WLAN wifi needed

Hi Railtech!

Thats the problem, it explicitely says: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (64-bit only)

And so it refuses to install x32 driver version for AC8265 ending with error message.

All Intel drivers have following notes:
    Note: The following products support only 64-bit version of Windows10.

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Anyway my windows 10x32 found a driver from a HDD with Win7x32 installation and it is even working.
    But without this HDD online I cant install any Win10x32 driver.

Gr1su, Sep 8, 2020
  4. ROHIT_000 Win User

Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 not loading during windows start

Hi,I am using windows 10 and facing network adapter problem.Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is not loading during windows start as I am not getting this driver name in Device manager>network adapter
    section.I have to do several restart/shutdown and network reset for my windows then I am able to connect to Internet.Can you please help me on this.This issue suddenly came to my system and previously it was not there.I already installed Intel® Driver & Support
    Assistant and all latest driver is installed on my system.

ROHIT_000, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support

1. Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support - Similar Threads - Drivers Intel Dual

2. Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 not working under Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 not working under Windows 10.: How do I fix this? My Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 does not work for over a week now and I have tried all possible solutions to fix it but it does not work. I gone to Device Manager and tried updating the drivers but to no avail. I have uninstalled it as well, but now I do not...
  3. Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 not working under Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 not working under Windows 10.: How do I fix this? My Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 does not work for over a week now and I have tried all possible solutions to fix it but it does not work. I gone to Device Manager and tried updating the drivers but to no avail. I have uninstalled it as well, but now I do not...
  4. Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160 not working under Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. End of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  6. End of life message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of life message: My version of Windows Pro, Dev Ver 21376 .1 Evaluation copy Exp 2021-10-31 2:25 PMis displaying a "end of life" message in the taskbar. I have attempted all the remedies suggested update. reinstalled windows etc to no avail. Any suggestions?...
  7. Dell Inspiron 15 keeps losing Intel Dual Band Wifi Driver AC-3160 intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Inspiron 15 keeps losing Intel Dual Band Wifi Driver AC-3160 intermittently: Last week my laptop launched an updated Windows 10, without problems, but after that I've been watching it can connect it properly everytime. It connect and after random time it's still connect but no internet. In my home that is the unique device who don't have internet,...
  8. Dell Inspiron 5558 keeps losing Intel Dual Band Wifi Driver AC-3160

Dell Inspiron 5558 keeps losing Intel Dual Band Wifi Driver AC-3160: Morning, All. I've been dealing with this issue on and off for a few months. Now it's really bad. I've reinstalled the wifi driver, only to have it "disappear" a few days later. When trying to reinstall now, I get an error message that the installation is blocked and/or...
  9. Flash end of life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash end of life: I understand that flash will no longer be supported in explorer/edge browser after end 2020. However i am wondering if it will still be possible to run desktop version of Flash in windows 10....
  10. Intel(R) dual band wireless-ac 3160 code 45

Intel(R) dual band wireless-ac 3160 code 45: Okay so I somehow broke the inner part of the charger whole on my laptop so my dad took it to the computer repair shop and got it replaced. The laptop could charge again but I didn't bother to check anything else. A few days later I found out that I have no internet...