Windows 10: Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

Discus and support Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two scanners, a Canon 400LIDE and a HP 2000. I want to be able to feed the scan output from either directly into GIMP. GIMP fails to see either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

I have two scanners, a Canon 400LIDE and a HP 2000. I want to be able to feed the scan output from either directly into GIMP. GIMP fails to see either scanner. See below. Both work well for routine, not GIMP, scanning

There seems to be a Window 10 driver problem: no TWAIN Driver?
    I am in over my head: not a clue as to what to do accomplish my goal.

Here are the specs on 400LIDE.
    https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...oscan-lide-400

Here are the things I have tried:

Connect Canon LIDE 400 to GIMP
    gimp-2.10.12 Installed and running

Connect to GIMP
    How to Get Gimp to Recognize My Scanner | Chron.com
    Launch GIMP and click "File," then "Acquire," then "Scanner/Camera
    "Acquire" does not appear in the drop down.
    How to Get Gimp to Recognize My Scanner | Your Business
    Drivers are up to date.

Not sure where I picked it up this information, but take it to be current?
    CanoScan LiDE 400 Scanner Driver Ver.1.00 (Windows)
    File version: 1.00
    Release date: 03 August 2018
    This file is a TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for Canon color image scanner.
    Installed all the drivers in setting up Canon.

Somewhere I picked up a SANE driver might help, but do not have a clue as to which one to use or how to install one. Just download one and install it through the Device Manager?
    Here are my notes on this thread.
    SANE
    Scanner Access Now Easy - Wikipedia
    SaneTwain
    SANE - Frontends (Applications)

Thanks for any direction or suggestions.

:)

mikeincousa, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Ketxxx Win User

Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

1. Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drivers Scanning Directly

2. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  3. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  4. GIMP

GIMP: GIMP is a great app though i cannot open any jpg files and i have stuff to do masking and it just won't let me open the file that i need, do you guys know how will i do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gimp/301b9ff9-9129-4126-8396-7edc583b9b77
  5. Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print Directly to Windows Fax and Scan: Is it possible to print directly to Windows Fax and Scan to fax a document without having to print it, then scan it, and then fax it? I have a wireless printer HP OfficeJet 5740. I used to be able to print directly to scan, however something has changed I'll research that...
  6. Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for Scanning Directly into GIMP Under Windows 10: I have two scanners, a Canon 400LIDE and a HP 2000. I want to be able to feed the scan output from either directly into GIMP. GIMP fails to see either scanner. See below. Both work well for routine, not GIMP, scanning There seems to be a Window 10 driver problem: no TWAIN...
  7. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  8. NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??: Im trying to install a older version of works on OS 10. Tried fix but don't have NTVDM expanded from Legacy. It shows DirectPlay instead. Now what do I do??...
  9. Compiling GIMP Plug-Ins

Compiling GIMP Plug-Ins: Does anyone know of a tutorial for compiling plug-ins for GIMP? This one https://developer.gimp.org/ doesn't even have enough information to compile its own "Hello-World" plug-in. 120124
  10. Gimp Update out

Gimp Update out: Gimp has released Gimp 2.8.10. For those who cannot afford Photoshop or Coral Paint there is the free (open source) Gimp for photo editing.*Biggrin 1389