Windows 10: Drivers Missing for Printer

Discus and support Drivers Missing for Printer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ca. Smith, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Ca. Smith Win User

Drivers Missing for Printer

My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find Drivers" Redirects me to a series of instructions that do no help. Going to Brother's own website also yields no useful results, just that "The drivers should be included with windows."

:)

Ca. Smith, Dec 9, 2023
  2. PiKo Win User

win10 sez no drivers for brither hl5040 printer  

To be sure that you followed my suggestion correctly, I will specify some steps: CP>devices and printers>add a printer>the printer that I want isn't listed>add a local printer with manual settings>define port>Windows update and install

PiKo, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Printer Class Drivers Missing

I am able to go and download individual drivers from the Manufacturer's Websites. The drivers I am talking about being missing are when you get the pick list while installing a new printer where you could select from hundreds of drivers from dozens of
    manufacturers. My pick list only lists Generic and Microsoft as manufacturers. Others such as Zebra, HP, Xerox, Canon, etc are not even listed. I have some vbs scripts that references these class drivers to install the printers, but they will not work because
    the class drivers are actually missing.

Scott Whetsell, A.A.S., Dec 9, 2023
  4. Drivers Missing for Printer

Missing Devices & Printers

Hi Tony,

Thank for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the printer?

• What is the exact issue are you facing?

• When you say ‘’ Most of my devices’’ what are device that is missing?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it this helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are uninstalling the driver, restart the computer.
    If that does not help fix the issue, I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website, download the latest printer driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Drivers Missing for Printer

1. Drivers Missing for Printer - Similar Threads - Drivers Missing Printer

2. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  3. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  4. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  5. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Printer driver missing

Printer driver missing: I bought a new HP AIO computer and want to link it with my Kodak esp 3.2 printer. I had this running with a laptop using windows 10 but the new computer can't locate a printer driver and kodak no longer support their printers so I can't download a new driver from them. Can I...
  7. Missing printer driver

Missing printer driver: Hi can anyone help please? I bought a new HP laptop and connected my old Canon printer and it worked fine but now it is saying it has printer diver missing. I have uninstalled the printer for now as I need a new ink cartridge. My question is when I install the printer again...
  8. Missing printer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing printer: I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the help and troubleshooting options. It is not found if I ADD printer. I can print when in a document, e.g. Word, so the printer...
  9. Printer Class Drivers Missing

Printer Class Drivers Missing: I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. None of the printer class drivers were installed. How do I install the class drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-class-drivers-missing/2087cdd8-9ecc-485a-8bb3-e7b37d259016
  10. Printer driver missing after 1703 update

Printer driver missing after 1703 update: Dont know why every time some major update is installed, there are printer driver problems. After several hours of 1703 update today I was unable to print to my LAN printer HP LJ Pro MFP M477 serie. I removed the device, did restart, reinstalled the driver from freshly...