Windows 10: Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound

Discus and support Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It was working today and happened out of the blue. I'm on version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. Have tried reinstalling the drivers and have tested them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Noahsam97, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound

It was working today and happened out of the blue. I'm on version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. Have tried reinstalling the drivers and have tested them multiple times. Says everything is working.

submitted by /u/Noahsam97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Noahsam97, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 18, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

Hello SueGraham1,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I'm sorry to hear that your device suddenly stopped playing sounds from music or videos.

Here are some list of the most basic troubleshooting guide to help you fix the problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

Please try each step on the article and let me know what happens.

[Suejin], Jun 18, 2020
  4. Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound

1. Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound - Similar Threads - Drivers Suddenly Refuse

2. Microsoft sound drivers suddenly doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft sound drivers suddenly doesn't work: I always change RealtekR Audio sound drivers to those made by Microsoft since they got low latency sound, but currently, i got an issue, where i don't have any sound when i have Microsoft drivers like they work, but i got no actual sound, wich is wierd, since it funtioned...
  3. my sound stopped playing all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound stopped playing all of a sudden: My sound stopped playing, all of a sudden ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-stopped-playing-all-of-a-sudden/3ceeb3fc-04dc-4e1b-b157-d03287acc86f
  4. my sound stopped playing all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound stopped playing all of a sudden: My sound stopped playing, all of a sudden ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-stopped-playing-all-of-a-sudden/3ceeb3fc-04dc-4e1b-b157-d03287acc86f
  5. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  6. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  7. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds: So when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago suddenly my earbuds wouldn't work and everything is going through my speakers, I tried updating some drivers and that didn't work I tried disabling everything else and that didn't work either, so I don't know what to do, my mic...
  8. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds: So when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago suddenly my earbuds wouldn't work and everything is going through my speakers, I tried updating some drivers and that didn't work I tried disabling everything else and that didn't work either, so I don't know what to do, my mic...
  9. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Sound suddenly won't play.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound suddenly won't play.: Hi. I have a problem with my Realtek sound. It was working fine until Friday. No sound would play through it. When I try to run a test, it would say "Error. Failed to play test tone". Now I've been through the entire "Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10" 10 point list. It still...