Windows 10: Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download

Discus and support Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've been at this all day. To summarize the problems my computer has been facing today:1. Anything that is a Driver that I wish to update will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JaG552, Nov 4, 2022.

1. JaG552 Win User

Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download

So I've been at this all day. To summarize the problems my computer has been facing today:1. Anything that is a Driver that I wish to update will refuse to install or download. This namely includes my graphics card driver but I also need to install some VR drivers that will not work either.2. Similarly, Windows will not update either. I am currently running Windows 10 version 21H2 and cannot update to version 22H2. Not through Settings -> Windows Update nor through the Update Assistant nor does troubleshooter pick up any problems.3. In my research to fix the problem, I have tried numerou

:)

JaG552, Nov 4, 2022
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Nov 4, 2022
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 4, 2022
  4. more123 Win User

HP Drivers won't install

Well the drivers that do actually successfully install extract to this folder. The others don't even extract. I am thinking it's an extraction issue so I will try the 7-zip software like another user suggested. Will keep you guys updated.

more123, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download - Similar Threads - Drivers Updates Clean

2. Windows updates won't download/install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates won't download/install: For the past while, none of my windows updates have been able to install, they keep giving me error codes that include:0x800705b40x80d020020x80070003I keep trying to download updates but they are just stuck at 0 percent.I've ran the troubleshooter, it says it fixed something...
  3. Windows updates won't download/install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates won't download/install: For the past while, none of my windows updates have been able to install, they keep giving me error codes that include:0x800705b40x80d020020x80070003I keep trying to download updates but they are just stuck at 0 percent.I've ran the troubleshooter, it says it fixed something...
  4. new clean install of win11 locks up when updating certain drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new clean install of win11 locks up when updating certain drivers: HiI upgraded to win11 about a month ago, did a clean install. working well overall but I have an issue I cant sort out. the machine will lock up at certain times and only a hard reset will resolve the issue. here's what I've noticedI first saw it when windows would lock up...
  5. Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download: So I've been at this all day. To summarize the problems my computer has been facing today:1. Anything that is a Driver that I wish to update will refuse to install or download. This namely includes my graphics card driver but I also need to install some VR drivers that will...
  6. Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download: So I've been at this all day. To summarize the problems my computer has been facing today:1. Anything that is a Driver that I wish to update will refuse to install or download. This namely includes my graphics card driver but I also need to install some VR drivers that will...
  7. Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder: I've ran WIndows update successfully ,I've tried running the update troubleshooter,and it was OK. I keep showing it needs to clean 9.65 GB every time even though it completes the cleaning process....
  8. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  9. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  10. Download Driver Updates - But not Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Download Driver Updates - But not Install: Can I configure Windows 10 to download Driver updates but not install them? I would like to review the Driver Updates separately and possibly install at a later time.. 97487