Windows 10: Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install

Discus and support Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to install w10 on new Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 and during installation Windows cannot locate drivers when using either Dell's installer or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mltmcne, Mar 30, 2021.

1. mltmcne Win User

Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install

Trying to install w10 on new Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 and during installation Windows cannot locate drivers when using either Dell's installer or Microsoft's. I saw on other posts that users were downloading an executable, "Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.2.exe" not sure how one extracts the driver file from this .EXE?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

:)

mltmcne, Mar 30, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

The 970 Pro is NOT an OEM drive. And the OP said....
    If it was an OEM drive it would have a listing like what Megahertz has in his "SM951" as opposed the the Samsung 950 Pro, which I also have.

And Samsung DOES provide drivers for the 970 Pro, and I know this because I have two 970 Pros installed in my main system, and 950 Pro in my backup system as shown in my system specs.

And even Samsung Magician is saying he needs the driver....
    But, yes, the drive will function, but it may not perform well, and I'm not sure how TRIMM will work. Only time will tell.

With that (assuming the laptop does support "NVMe" instead of simple m.2 SATA drives) I wonder if the drive itself isn't damaged or a fake? It would also help if the OP posted an image of Magician showing the drive installed along with the error.

sygnus21, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670

I need drivers for a Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB drive. The machine the drivers will install on does not have an internet connection for security reasons. Please advise how I can download the driver(s) on another machine and transfer them to the
    target Win 10 machine.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

JoeMCummings, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

brummyfan, could you please give OP a step by step on how to switch from RST to AHCI

Megahertz, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install - Similar Threads - Drivers w10 Pro

2. Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers w10 Pro for Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 need drivers install: Trying to install w10 on new Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 and during installation Windows cannot locate drivers when using either Dell's installer or Microsoft's. I saw on other posts that users were downloading an executable, "Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.2.exe" not sure how one...
  3. Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro: Hello, Win 10 Pro v: 20H2 b19042-868 ASUS VivoBook K513EQ, 11th Generation, PCi 3 I installed a Samsung SSD 970 Pro, when I try to install the Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 I get the following message: Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try...
  4. Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install Samsung NVMe driver for NVMe 970 Pro: Hello, Win 10 Pro v: 20H2 b19042-868 ASUS VivoBook K513EQ, 11th Generation, PCi 3 I installed a Samsung SSD 970 Pro, when I try to install the Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 I get the following message: Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the device and try...
  5. Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?: Hello Everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I don't see Samsung NVME driver in my Device Manager. I read online that the Samsung NVME driver is necessary to boost the...
  6. MS Certified Driver for Samsung EVO 970 M.2 Drives

MS Certified Driver for Samsung EVO 970 M.2 Drives: I am finishing a new build with new Win10 Pro Retail Software using Samsung EVO 970 Series Drives. The new Win10 Pro software sees the Drives (which are also seen by the UEFI bios) and tells me to install a new driver for them. I had previously downloaded the current driver...
  7. NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO

NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO: What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here! Hi! I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379 and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit? I'm confused about NVMe. My notebook has an M.2 slot and so far I only used traditional SATA 2.5" SSD drives....
  8. X11SSH-LN4F Bord. Windows freezes with Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2

X11SSH-LN4F Bord. Windows freezes with Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2: Hi Guys, A few days ago I discovered that my motherboard has an M.2 slot. That's why I bought a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe m.2 SSD. The Windows Server 2019 installation went without a hitch. Unfortunately, Windows freezes after a few minutes, as soon as I have logged in. As a...
  9. Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670

Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670: I need drivers for a Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB drive. The machine the drivers will install on does not have an internet connection for security reasons. Please advise how I can download the driver(s) on another machine and transfer them to the target Win 10 machine....
  10. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs: Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img]