Windows 10: DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

Discus and support DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Caledon Ken, Oct 21, 2020.

1. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803.

All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell.

So I investigated and the DriverStore folder has been deleted and with it the three sub folders. This machine has had some "Malware" issues in the past. No it is not in the recycle bin, boy that would have been nice. No images available although I've implement Macrium.

An inplace repair ( using 1803 media) or an inplace repair/upgrade ( using 1909 media) fail, again, bad path.

The smart solution would be to wipe and re-install. The owner tells me this is not an option as several tax related programs cannot be re-installed.

There is a second Dell Vostro 230 in the environment running V2004.

I was considering copying the the DriverStore folder from this device into the device missing the folder.

My feeling is will likely BSOD if not immediately certainly down the line.

Any comments that might make this work?

Thanks

:)

Caledon Ken, Oct 21, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 21, 2020
  3. sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 21, 2020
  4. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted :(

lyndonguitar, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

1. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted - Similar Threads - DriverStore Folder sub

2. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  3. One folder versus multiple sub folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One folder versus multiple sub folders: Hi All, I run Win 10 latest version on I7 and 16GB I have a large folder containing all my pictures 25000 under D:\Photos. Question : What is the safest and more efficient recommandation: 1: One large folder with all files or 2: multiple sub folders with 500 files max per...
  4. Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?

Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?: Anyone here have experience with copying directory/Folders/sub-folders wherein some data Is missing, without generating a stop or fail message? I see numbers of threads on the web about such issues but no comprehensive diligence on causes and tools/utilities submitted by...
  5. How to use batch file to delete specific sub-folders in a folder?

How to use batch file to delete specific sub-folders in a folder?: TL;DR I have a folder, and in it, a new sub-folder is added every day. What commands can I add to a batch file that will keep only the three most recently added sub-folders in this folder? Hi all. On my computer I have a folder named folder-data with several files and...
  6. Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder

Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder: Hi How can I customize the dates of folders so I can sort them by those dates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dates-of-sub-folders-within-a-folder/c5d8f607-ae28-4e89-85fb-1c16cf837cc0"
  7. Copy folder and retaining permissions of sub folders

Copy folder and retaining permissions of sub folders: Hi We have a system where to open a job, we copy a template folder which in itself has sub folders. In it there is a sub-folder where not everyone is allowed to see. When we copy the template and paste it to create job, all permissions set in the template sub folders are...
  8. Find number of folders in every sub-folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Find number of folders in every sub-folder: This is not exactly Windows questions. I wasn't too sure where to post, hence posting here. Admins, feel free to move to appropriate forum. Here is the task, I have 'C:\Data' folder that contains 1000s of folders. Each Subfolder should ideally contain one child folder in...
  9. Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders: Hello, when i delete a folder with x amount of files in it, the files get deleted but the folders stay. when i click on them i get error: location is not available "Path" Access is denied and they cant be deleted. any help is appreciated! 87598
  10. Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders: After waiting for some indication of what to do with my existing Windows 10.0.240 installation I decided to bite the bullet and just download the Media Creation Tool. I then allowed it to "upgrade" my existing Windows 10 install, a process that went smoothly until I tried to...