Windows 10: Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign

Discus and support Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by george strachan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

:)

george strachan, Jan 17, 2019

2. How to get an access to contents of CD drive as soon it is detected on Windows 10?

Hi James,

As your concern is to access the CD drive on your laptop, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to set the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next under Choose AutoPlay defaults.
    • For Removable drives: Ask me every time
    • For Memory Cards: Ask me every time.
    Close the window, sign-out from the user account, re-sign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the CD Drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. DelBoy Win User

Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign

WD drive C5 yellow - Problem ?

Thank you all, here's the list of S.M.A.R.T in LifeGuard, everything has green tick but some of them have "Warranty 1" i don't know what that is. However, yesterday i ordered new WD Blue 1TB 64mb cache WD10EZEX, so i think that will be fine for quite a while. I'll copy everything from old one to new one and then i'll completely format the drive, that should help i guess

Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign smart-png.png

DelBoy, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign

1. Drives are accessable but yellow warning sign - Similar Threads - Drives are accessable

2. Local Disk C: has a yellow triangular warning sign; BitLocker is unable to turn on as the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: has a yellow triangular warning sign; BitLocker is unable to turn on as the...: So I noticed that my Local Disk C: has the yellow triangular warning sign. Searching on Google told me that the BitLocker Encryption on the drive has not been activated. I tried to turn it on, but the message that keeps coming up is that it can't use a Trusted Platform Module...
  3. Yellow Warning Sign on Windows Defender. Not sure what it means or what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Warning Sign on Windows Defender. Not sure what it means or what to do.: Hello,I have Windows 11 and recently did a factory restore and now the following messages are popping up on Windows Defender. After I press "Go to Settings" on first message, a second message pops up stating "Page not available." Please see photos below:I'm not sure what this...
  4. Yellow Warning Sign on Windows Defender. Not sure what it means or what to do.

Yellow Warning Sign on Windows Defender. Not sure what it means or what to do.: Hello,I have Windows 11 and recently did a factory restore and now the following messages are popping up on Windows Defender. After I press "Go to Settings" on first message, a second message pops up stating "Page not available." Please see photos below:I'm not sure what this...
  5. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  6. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager: When I go to Device Manager > View > Devices by Container, I see that there is a yellow warning sign on my computer. When I expand the list, I don't see which driver is the issue.If I view devices by type, I don't see any yellow warning sign. How do I go about diagnosing...
  7. Yellow Warning Sign on Container in Device Manager

8. Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager

Bluetooth no turn on/off option and has yellow warning sign on device manager: Please help i tried fixing it by updating, reinstalling, disabling and enabling nothing seems to work. I also tried setting it automatic on start up still no luck and regeditor...
  9. Yellow Warning Icon on C: Drive in Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yellow Warning Icon on C: Drive in Windows 10 Version 2004: Hi, I want to know what that yellow warning symbol with a padlock on the C: Drive means and how to remove it? I just don't know anything about it. Thank You1...
  10. Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode)

Can't Update Drivers with Yellow Warning Signs in Device Manager (in Safe Mode): I recently got a new computer and decided to add my hard drive from my previous computer to this new one. While it works fine most of the time, there are a few occurrences where the computer completely crashes, and I end up getting a WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR error. First...