Windows 10: Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L

Discus and support Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1 last night to Windows 10 (64 bit). My main drives C and D are now showing up twice in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bvy, Jul 1, 2016.

1. BVY
    bvy Win User

Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L

Hello. I was automatically upgraded from Windows 8.1 last night to Windows 10 (64 bit). My main drives C and D are now showing up twice in Windows Explorer -- as K and L. This is confusing the heck out of my backup tool. How do I get rid of these second instances? The drive is RAID 1 if that matters.

By the way, the suggestion elsewhere to remove the two DelegateFolders keys in the registry did NOT work. I rebooted twice.

Thanks for any help at all.

:)

2. Windows 10 - C, D drives as duplicated with K, L drive letters

Hello,

Thank you for getting back with the required details.

For better assistance and guidance in this regard, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    support. Hope they will help you accordingly.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - C, D drives as duplicated with K, L drive letters

Hello,

We realize your concern in this regard. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• You mean to say, K and L drives are appearing along with C and D drive?
    • Where these duplicates are appearing?
    • What is the total capacity of your hard disk?
    • Did you check in the Disk Management? Press Windows logo key + X and select Disk Management.
    Give us these details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 1, 2016
  5. BVY
    bvy Win User
    Thanks for the Welcome! Yes, that link is the DelegateFolders tip and it did not work for me.

After further review, it looks like the upgrade broke my RAID configuration. Is this a known issue? I can't find anything on this.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 1, 2016
  7. BVY
    bvy Win User
    Thank you. See attached. As you can see, C and K are the same and D and L -- except, they're starting to diverge now that the redundancy is broken. I tried unsuccessfully fixing this in the Storage Spaces area. BIOS still shows that the drive is RAID enabled. I don't understand how this happened, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L [​IMG]

Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L [​IMG]

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. I'm afraid that I'm not sure how it broke the RAID as well, or how to fix it other than start from scratch. Hopefully someone else may know more for a better solution. *Sad

Brink, Jul 3, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    I would check your Raid Controller is Using the Raid Driver it should (Intel?) and not the Microsoft Drivers , I had many issues on my older Comps. using ICH10R Controllers when upgrading to Win 10 , the Win10 auto installed Driver for them was not fully supporting the Controller properly.

And also check at boot in the Raid Controller Bios (Ctrl-I (eye) ) to make sure all is well....

Installing the Intel RST software , if using Intel Raid , may help and allow you to verify Data too in windows.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drives C and D showing up twice -- as K and L - Similar Threads - Drives showing twice

2. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  3. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  4. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. a s d j k l keys not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a s d j k l keys not working.: i've had my lenovo ideapad flex 5 for around 2 years got it in christmas 2020 and it has been working fine up until a couple months ago.. i am very computer illiterate as i am more in tune with consoles and such so my apologies for that. i've been having problems where i...
  6. a s d j k l keys not working.

a s d j k l keys not working.: i've had my lenovo ideapad flex 5 for around 2 years got it in christmas 2020 and it has been working fine up until a couple months ago.. i am very computer illiterate as i am more in tune with consoles and such so my apologies for that. i've been having problems where i...
  7. D: drive not showing up

D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  8. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  9. F drive shows up twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F drive shows up twice: My coputer is showing two F drives. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive-shows-up-twice/4125481f-2b96-4858-b8c0-37f7420a3e90
  10. New larger NVME drive is showing up as a C: drive and a D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New larger NVME drive is showing up as a C: drive and a D: drive: I upgraded from a 500gb to a 2tb Nvme M.2 i cloned my 500gb to the 2tb but when installed it its showing up as 2 different drives a C: for what was cloned and a D: with the left over storage how do i get all the memory in the C: and to stop showing up as 2 different drives...