Windows 10: Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor

Discus and support Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Here is our situation: Network computers (all Win 10) have mapped shared drives. They lose connection when the computers reboot and we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sethbang, Aug 9, 2017.

1. sethbang Win User

Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor

Hello. Here is our situation:

Network computers (all Win 10) have mapped shared drives. They lose connection when the computers reboot and we have to enter the admin password every time.

Solution I thought we'd try:

I read that going to the Group Policy and changing drives from "recreate" to "update" would do the trick.

New challenge:

My GPE does not have the Preferences tab which, based on this screen shot I found, should be there. Here is the image. It is probably not Windows 10 but it does look like what I would have expected.

Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor [​IMG]

Mine looks like this:

Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor [​IMG]

Bottom line:

Any suggestions as to how I can change those settings from Recreate to Update? Any other known way to get our drives to automatically reconnect? I've never had this problem before.

Thanks for posting known solutions, not guesses.

:)

sethbang, Aug 9, 2017

2. windows 10 recovery-reset problem.

why i need to reset it is it don't have local security policy and group policy editor this 2 files is missing from windows 10 when i downloaded it from the website

محمدهويدي, Aug 9, 2017
  3. gpedit.msc missing windows 10 version 1511 os build 10586.29

Hello Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Are you using Windows 10 Home?

If yes, Group policies are not supported in the Home version.

Things that differs Windows 10 Home from Pro and Enterprise editions is the absence of the Group Policy Editor console (gpedit.msc).

The Group Policy Editor has not been included into home editions (Home and Starter) of the OS since Windows XP, and Windows 10 is no exception.

Unfortunately, without gpedit.msc you cannot disable One Drive.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor

1. Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor - Similar Threads - Drives reconnect Preferences

2. Missing file in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing file in Group Policy Editor: Every time I open the Local Group Policy Editor using Windows + R and typing gpedit.msc, I get an error message that says File C:\WINDOWS\PolicyDefinitions\WindowsUpdate.admx cannot be found....
  3. Missing file in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing file in Group Policy Editor: Every time I open the Local Group Policy Editor using Windows + R and typing gpedit.msc, I get an error message that says File C:\WINDOWS\PolicyDefinitions\WindowsUpdate.admx cannot be found....
  4. Missing file in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  6. Missing Group Policy Editor entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Group Policy Editor entries: I am trying to follow these instructions to troubleshoot PS3 controller driver issues: Disable driver signature enforcement [Windows Guide] However, I hit a roadblock. I installed the Group Policy Editor enabler using the .bat file, and then I oped gpedit.msc I navigated...
  7. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  8. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  9. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554
  10. Windows defender missing from group policy editor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender missing from group policy editor: Dear tenforums! I've attempted to turn off my windows defender via group policy editing, however; following the guide here on the forums(how to turn off defender) there is simply no folder/tree with windows defender in the group policy editor. I have w10 pro and am able...