Windows 10: drives hidden in file explorer

Discus and support drives hidden in file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarieGiammona, Jan 31, 2022.

1. drives hidden in file explorer

Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer.

:)

MarieGiammona, Jan 31, 2022

2. Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, Jan 31, 2022
  3. LongXIE Win User
    File Explorer shows hidden drive

I use diskpart tool to change one of my partition to hidden, but it still shows in the file explorer.

I already

1. set Folder Options to "Don't show hidden files, folders, and drivers"

2. set View "Hidden items" unchecked

How to reproduce,

1. There is a showable partition, in my case, it is E drive

2. run diskpart, switch to the partition

3. run command set id = 17 override

4. diskpart will show the partition hidden status is Yes now

5. go back to file explorer, the E drive is still there

LongXIE, Jan 31, 2022
  4. LongXIE Win User

drives hidden in file explorer

File Explorer shows hidden drive

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean it is a bug of file explorer? Which show hide the hidden drive even there is a letter assigned to that drive?

LongXIE, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

drives hidden in file explorer

1. drives hidden in file explorer - Similar Threads - drives hidden file

2. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  3. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  5. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  6. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  8. Drive D: hidden files

Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  9. Hidden File Explorer app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  10. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

Unable to click hidden items in file explorer: I have been wondering why i cant click show hidden items in file explorer. It has been a problem for a while now and i do not know how to make it work. It started working again one time but then stopped working again....