Windows 10: Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

Discus and support Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer). How do I show them up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seyss, Nov 21, 2015.

1. seyss Win User

Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

Hello,
    As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer).
    How do I show them up there?
    Thanks in advance.

Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane [​IMG]

:)

seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  2. RobertJWin, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Fab2016 Win User
    Windows 10 -- my DVD not seen or working.

If I put a dvd in the drive, file explorer blinks and then lists the d: <name> in the left navigation pane. When I remove the media, file explorer blinks again and the d: listing in the left navigation pane goes away. I had this thought last night that
    maybe what I had to do was re-map the d: drive to the dvd but when I went to map drive in file explorer it shows that d: is mapped to the dvd player. So there's some kind of software glitch in file explorer that won't recognize and display the dvd player
    as a viable drive unless the drive has a dvd in it. And then both Win10 and Win7 Backup don't 'see' it as being a viable drive because file explorer won't list it as a drive to be navigated to in the left pane.

Until and unless I hear of some wondrous breakthrough from MS to fix this bug, I'm just going to go with other options and let the whole matter just die an ugly death.

Fab2016, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Expand the This PC menu?

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  5. seyss Win User
    It won't help since the "This PC" menu is at the same level as the 2 shown drives... this is what I get.

I'd like to have all my drives shown there when I open File Explorer.

seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  6. seyss Win User
    seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    How about view>>Navigation Pane options?

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  8. seyss Win User

I believe Windows is thinking the 2 shown drives are removable that's why they're showing up there.. I recently enabled AHCI in my BIOS

seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  9. seyss Win User
    Yes I got the way I wanted with 2 registry tricks (hide removable drives from Navigation Panel, hide personal folders from "This PC")

seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Could be. Is the Remove drives safely icon showing up in the system tray? On Win10 it only shows when removable drives are plugged in(at least it's supposed to work that way*Wink)

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2015
  11. seyss Win User
    Yes since I enabled AHCI I'm getting the "Remove Drives Safely" icon in systray all the time.. had to hide it. thx

seyss, Nov 21, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
Thema:

1. Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Drives missing File

2. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  3. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. OneDrive missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Hello, OneDrive is missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer and I cannot bring it back. I already tried: Uninstall from control panel -> reinstall Unlink this PC -> relink Various registry editing methods Running %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset...
  6. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  7. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane: When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer....
  8. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  9. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...
  10. Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Is there a way to remove the Documents node from File Explorer's Navigation Pane? [img] 108947