Windows 10: Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

Discus and support Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I did some driver updates with Driver Booster 7 about 15 updates After that I recognized that my drives of the card reader are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterPiry, Apr 5, 2020.

1. PeterPiry Win User

Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

Hi,

Yesterday I did some driver updates with Driver Booster 7 about 15 updates

After that I recognized that my drives of the card reader are not showing up in Windows Explorer.

The Explorer setting "Hide empty folders" is not set - that was the first I checked.

The card reader works fine, after I plug in a sd card the drive will come up and it works fine. But the empty drivers are not showing up.

Before the updates I had all the empty drives.

How can I solve this?

br

Peter PIry

:)

PeterPiry, Apr 5, 2020

2. Card reader won't show in drive list in File Explorer

• When did this problem start? I used the card reader 2 -3 weeks ago and it was fine. Then I tried it 3 days ago and it didn't
      show in File Explorer.
    • What is the current build of your Windows 10 PC? To check, type winver on Cortana's search field. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198)
    • Were there any updates installed recently on your system? Unknown
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried? I tried to troubleshoot hardware form Control Panel. It said driver updates were turned off and I turned
      them on.

jackbelonick, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Card reader won't show in drive list in File Explorer

My PC running W10 suddenly doesn't recognize my card reader. I hear the sound as I plug it in but it doesn't show up in File Explorer. I thought my card reader bit the dust so I purchased a new one and get the same result.

That said, file explorer was acting strange; showing I had drives from C: - L:.

I don't get it.

Please help.

jackbelonick, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer

CHUCKDEZELAH, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

1. Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer - Similar Threads - Drives card readers

2. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  3. USB to SD Card reader not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to SD Card reader not showing up: Hello,I have a USB to SD card reader for a memory stick from my camera. I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can download the media on it. I have a windows surface pro 7 laptop. Everytime I connect the USB through the port, nothing shows up on my computer. I have...
  4. SD card reader and SD card not showing up on Windows10 at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader and SD card not showing up on Windows10 at all: Hi,I have an internal SD card reader, which I know works because it works on my dual-boot Linux.If I insert an SD card it does not show up on Windows10 at all - I cannot find it in the FileExplorer, DeviceManagement, PartitionManager, or with command prompt using diskpart....
  5. SD card reader and SD card not showing up on Windows10 at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader and SD card not showing up on Windows10 at all: Hi,I have an internal SD card reader, which I know works because it works on my dual-boot Linux.If I insert an SD card it does not show up on Windows10 at all - I cannot find it in the FileExplorer, DeviceManagement, PartitionManager, or with command prompt using diskpart....
  6. SD card reader and SD card not showing up on Windows10 at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a way to hide unused card reader devices that show up as drives in the file manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to hide unused card reader devices that show up as drives in the file manager?: Hi Gurus, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. On my computer I have a built in hardware device with four card readers different size memory cards for cameras etc. These show up as drives in the file manager and are categorized as drives in the device manager. I...
  8. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  9. USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives

USB/card reader showing "The directory name is invalid" for drives: I am getting weird problem where random popup windows about "The directory name is invalid" for many of the drives from my external USB card reader These drives error messages are related to my external USB card reader which does not currently have anything mounted. [img]...
  10. Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop

Card Reader Drives Showing in Desktop: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I'm now seeing the 4 card reader drives built into my computer appearing on some of the different desktop folders. They don't appear on C:\Users\username\Desktop, nor do they show up on the physical desktop screen itself, which also...