Windows 10: Drives selection for system image

Discus and support Drives selection for system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Borre04, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Borre04 Win User

Drives selection for system image

Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i only use it for my system files and installing all programs and applications i actually use on a daily basis, excluding games and other non essential stuff. All the bulk storage is distributed between HDDs internal and external.When I check all my disks, Drive C has about 170 Gb of used storage and I'm trying to make the

:)

Borre04, Feb 7, 2022

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Feb 7, 2022
  4. fdegrove Win User

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Drives selection for system image - Similar Threads - Drives selection system

2. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  3. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  4. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  5. System Image Backup Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  6. Different drive selected as system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different drive selected as system?: So I have a my C drive which is the boot drive, which is how it should be. My F drive is a small SSD that I install some games on and I want to format it but Windows won't let me which is strange because I can usually format it just fine. I go into the command prompt and use...
  7. Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.

Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.: So currently I am trying to create a system image of my PC on a hard drive. When I go to select my HDD D: as the location for backup, the options were only my SSD E:, and after looking through some answers online I tried to reformat my hard drive which again still wouldn't...
  8. Change default selected drives for creating system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Change default selected drives for creating system image: Hello, I'm trying to make a system image, but windows 10 automatically selects a drive that isn't needed for the system image. Since it is grayed out, I can't deselect it. I only want to image my C:, D: and system reserve drives. The program keeps adding my E: drive which...
  9. System image on pen drive

System image on pen drive: I created a system image of Surface pro windows 10 on a pen drive using 'sharing and saving it via network path'. Has anyone successfully reinstalled windows by this method ....
  10. Selecting system install location from a Recover Image drive

Selecting system install location from a Recover Image drive: I'm planning on performing a factory reset on my PC after installing a SSD. I would like to know whether I will have to copy the Windows Setup onto an external storage device USB/DVD in order to then be able to install in on that SSD or will I be able to select the install...