Windows 10: Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after rebuilding SSD.

Discus and support Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after rebuilding SSD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My power supply failed breaking my 1TB boot SSD connected up new PSupply and found SSD would no longer boot. Long set of efforts to recover later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by owenbau, Apr 14, 2021.

1. owenbau Win User

Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after rebuilding SSD.

Hi

My power supply failed breaking my 1TB boot SSD

connected up new PSupply and found SSD would no longer boot.

Long set of efforts to recover later assisted by posts answered by people like Greg Carmack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/331f499e-d285-41ed-a5ee-1e5e9f3cf989 and lots of downloaded SW tools gave up and installed new Win 10 build.

When this boots I can see each of the 6 drives in Storage Space Manager saying they are OK, drive %used, total pool size and % used, but they dont appeer to be linked into a pool and are not visible separately in Disk Manager OR as a single drive in Explorer.

Does anyone know how to reconnect what appear to be healthy SSpace drives into the SS Manager?

Thanks

:)

owenbau, Apr 14, 2021
  2. IronRod Win User

Storage space keeps reporting a drive is disconnected

I've created a three-drive, parity storage space under Windows 10. On an occasional, though not infrequent basis, it reports one of the drives is "disconnected". But the drive is, in fact, connected hardware-wise. The only thing that I've found that corrects
    this is to shut-down the computer and then start it. A restart does not correct this error. After the shut-down/start-up, it finds the drive and repairs the pool. It has now happened twice since installing Windows 10 just over a week ago.

I am wondering if this might be related to one of the drives being connected as a IDE "slave". I don't know why that would matter given there's nothing really different operationally between a slave vs master IDE but it is one thing I've noted. The motherboard
    supports six SATA2 ports though the BIOS allows for eight IDE connections. Here's how they're currently connected:

• 0 master - Boot SSD drive
    • 0 slave - empty
    • 1 master - CD/DVD
    • 1 slave - Storage SSD drive
    • 2 master - Storage SSD drive
    • 3 master - Storage SSD drive
    • 4 master - not supported by hardware
    • 4 slave - not supported by hardware
    Specifications:

• This is a clean install of Windows 10 x64, 8GB ram, E8400 Core Duo. BIOS is up-to-date.
    • Boot drive is Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB.
    • Storage Space is comprised of three Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB set for parity.

IronRod, Apr 14, 2021
  3. DMW13 Win User
    Storage Space drives not usable by new Windows 10 Pro installation

Struggling to find a solution beside formatting the drives and rebuilding the array. I've installed an SSD in my Plex server. The old Windows 10 setup included a Storage Spaces array. Thew new Win10 setup doesn't acknowledge the array or the drives. UEFI
    sees the drives, but they do not appear in either Disk Management or Storage Spaces.

Has anyone found a way to make the drives appear as an array without complete rebuilds?

Thanks

DMW13, Apr 14, 2021
  4. FormUser Win User

SSD with USB interface for Storage Spaces

According to Storage Spaces in Windows 10 (pull down the top item):

"You can use a variety of types of drives with Storage Spaces, including USB, SATA, and SAS drives."

However, when I wanted to use a USB flash drive to create a storage pool, the Storage Spaces Control Panel said: "No drives that work with Storage Spaces are available."

Will a SSD with a USB interface work for Storage Spaces?

FormUser, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after rebuilding SSD. - Similar Threads - Drives set storage

2. SSD Drive Not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Drive Not recognized.: HP Notebook 15-ef0025wm. My SSD with Windows 10 crashed on my PC. I've replaced it by a new one, but Bios uefi doesn't see it. I got the bios firmware updated with the help of a USB. The SSD driver file is however an .exe file, by hp and could only be launching on an already...
  3. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  4. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  5. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. 970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device: 970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device instead of SSD970 Evo. I have two m.2 NVME 970 EVOs installed but I only see one of them correctly listed. I can see only 1x 970 Evo listed in samsung magician. I also have x4 enabled on my motherboard to get higher speeds...
  7. Low on storage space on SSD

Low on storage space on SSD: My laptop 2 years old, if that has a 100GB SSD drive C:Drive and a 930GB D:Drive conventional disk drive, which is pretty common these days. Windows OS is on the SSD and the computer is now prompting me to create space on the SSD as it is 90% full. Windows OS and c:users...
  8. Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering: I'm building a volume with 10 HDDs and an SSD. If I configure it through the UI will it automatically tier the SSD or does that still need to be done via powershell? Windows 10 Enterprise (latest build, forget exact number) submitted by /u/DirkEdgewoode [link] [comments]...
  9. Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after restart.

Drives set up with storage spaces not recognized after restart.: After a restart the computer hung for several minutes during startup, so I held the power button and then it loaded fine. After signing in I noticed that my D drive was missing, then I looked at the disk management utility where it asked me to initialize the disk then it...
  10. SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device: Hello About a week ago my laptop stopped working, because my 512gb Samsung ssd 840 Pro series hard drive failed somehow. I moved the drive to my desktop pc, and found that it had had its partitions deleted somehow. I downloaded multiple applications to save some of my...