Windows 10: Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen

Discus and support Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *sarc Hey all, Usually, I pretty much find all issues that I face and resolve them AFTER A LOT OF READING AND HEAD SCRATCHING *Wink. But this one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zardoc, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Zardoc Win User

Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen

*sarc
    Hey all,

Usually, I pretty much find all issues that I face and resolve them AFTER A LOT OF READING AND HEAD SCRATCHING *Wink. But this one has me stomped to the fullest.

I updated a few machines from 10240 to 10586 (upgrade).

I usually like to have my desktop icons on the toolbar instead of the screen (like to see full theme).

Now the funny thing is that if I decide to show desktop on toolbar sometimes removable drives and even all hard drives will show on desktop toolbar but not on screen.

Here is a pic showing that removable drive is not on desktop.

Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen [​IMG]

Now look. If I set desktop to toolbar. Removable drive is there. (Orange circle around it)

Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen [​IMG]

Some users see all their drives (Fixed and removable) on desktop toolbar but not on screen. They don't appreciate and neither do I *092

I DON'T WANT THAT! Anyone seen this and got a fix to remove drives form desktop??

Thanks guys

:)

Zardoc, Dec 25, 2015

2. Custom Toolbar Icons Keep Disappearing

I have a custom toolbar on my task bar (native Windows thing, for those who forgot about this option), which was running fine for quite a while. The folder that contains the toolbar shortcuts was previously located on a local drive, and I never had problems
    with the toolbar. Recently that drive started going bad, so I relocated the toolbar folder to my networked (auto-connecting) user drive and re-established the toolbar from there. Now, the toolbar icons occasionally are missing upon logon. The folder for the
    toolbar is definitely available; the toolbar can locate it and browse it with no problem with all the shortcuts inside still in tact. It's just that the icons don't show on the toolbar and also the toolbar's "show text" option won't show anything either. Clicking
    the task bar or desktop and hitting F5 doesn't make them appear. Is this a non-fixable problem that occurs due to using a networked resource for the toolbar or is there a way to fix this (without changing to a local drive)? Thank you.

A J Kuehner, Dec 25, 2015
  3. tschluter Win User
    How can I add the Google Drive Folder to the Desktop Toolbar in Windows 10?

Having recently upgraded to Windows 10, I notice there is a Desktop Toolbar in the notification area that list my OneDrive and Box Sync folders. When I hover the cursor over these links they expand
    to show file structure and contents. These folders do not show up on my desktop when I have the desktop set to "Show desktop icons". I would like my Google Drive folder to be included in this Desktop Toolbar, preferably at the top, with the same functionality
    as the OneDrive and Box Sync folder links. Is there a way to accomplish this without moving my Google Drive folder to the desktop? I would also like to accomplish this with other folders as well.

tschluter, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Zardoc Win User

Bump. Maybe someone more hasn't read it and knows the answer. *Rolleyes

Shawn, any ideas?

Thanks.

Zardoc, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Zardoc Win User
    All by myself!! *Sleepy

[youtube]WZVdWoz6cX0[/youtube]

Zardoc, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Don't make the default 'Desktop' folder a toolbar.
    Create your own custom folder with custom shortcuts and set that as a new toolbar.

Edwin, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Zardoc Win User
    Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the tip.

In my 20 years of computing this is the firs time that only 1511 update (not clean install) has this issue and only with some machines.

Your workaround is a good idea but basically this should not happen.

Thanks. *Smile

Zardoc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen - Similar Threads - Drives show desktop

2. desktop toolbar (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop toolbar (windows 10): [IMG] Is there a way i can make my desktop toolbar on taskbar from the boring way where the files display as a vertical window. I want a way where i can display it in the attached image...
  3. Win10 Desktop Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Toolbar: From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest updates a few days ago the toolbar has shifted to almost the center of the taskbar and all my amateur efforts to relocate it...
  4. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  5. Desktop is showing a half screen

Desktop is showing a half screen: My desktop has gone to a half page from a full page. How do I go back to a full page? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-showing-a-half-screen/35c488f1-f848-4b97-bc09-add3866da9de
  6. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  7. The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray: I'm struggling how to even describe this: I added the default Desktop toolbar to the toolbar by: [ATTACH] I don't use desktop Icons on purpose and this suits my use case perfectly, except for one thing .. I want to add and remove some of the items but, unlike a...
  8. Desktop and toolbar

Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  9. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...
  10. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing: I know this problem has been posted here a million times, but no other solution has yet worked for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. It's been working mostly without a hitch, but I've run into the dreaded "constant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 desktop toolbar remove drives