Windows 10: Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer

Discus and support Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Curious why 3 of my external hard drives are showing more than once in Fire Explorer? Thanks for any help. [img] 111143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by engineco16, May 27, 2018.

1. Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer

Curious why 3 of my external hard drives are showing more than once in Fire Explorer? Thanks for any help.

Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer [​IMG]

:)

engineco16, May 27, 2018

2. Kindle Fire and Acer Z160 do not show in file explorer

It seems that with Windows 10, I'm taking one step forward and two back.

I used to be able to transfer books to my Kindle Fire, via the USB2 port.

Now when I plug the Kindle Fire into the USB2 port I get a message on the Kindle about usb compatibility.

I do however get the tell tale sound that I have plugged a device in, but nothing shows in file explorer.

If however I plug my Acer Z160 into the USB2 port, it shows in file explorer, but when I try and exploer it the system shuts down.

This all worked fine until Saturday, also I have had to install Samsung PC Share Manager to be able to use my tv as a media player. This worked fine on Windows 7 Home.

I'm getting a bit fed up, I cure on problem and get another. On Friday I couldn't see my home network, I found the answer to that now this.

Cheers,

Colin

colin higton, May 27, 2018
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer

1. Drives showing more the once in Fire Explorer - Similar Threads - Drives showing more

2. Microsoft Photos Won't Show More Than One Image At Once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Won't Show More Than One Image At Once: Sigh, this new app they just rolled out is terrible; It is missing features, very buggy, and doesn't function well at all..Can't even view more than one picture at once from a folder anymore without selecting them all first Even having used mouse wheel to change images on...
  3. Microsoft Photos Won't Show More Than One Image At Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Won't Show More Than One Image At Once: Sigh, this new app they just rolled out is terrible; It is missing features, very buggy, and doesn't function well at all..Can't even view more than one picture at once from a folder anymore without selecting them all first Even having used mouse wheel to change images on...
  4. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  5. Drive not showing in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive not showing in Windows Explorer: OK...If I insert a USB drive into my computer... Disk Management shows a drive with a drive letter Disk Management shows a healthy partition on the drive I get the insertion sound Bit Defender says the drive is Ok. However, Drive F never shows up in Windows Explorer....
  6. External drive not showing in Explorer

External drive not showing in Explorer: Windows10 l have plugged a fairly new Samsung 1TB external drive into two different computers but it doesn’t show up in File Explorer or Disk Management. The blue indicator is lit on the drive. When I click the icon on the status bar, it shows Eject Samsung M3 Portable....
  7. Why don't updates show up more than once?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why don't updates show up more than once?: On December 11th, which is one day before the 2nd Tuesday of the month when the main update comes out, I checked for updates and there were 2 of them, plus an optional one to upgrade to version 1909. Since I didn't have the time to download right then, I put it off until...
  8. File explorer not showing a drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"
  9. Update installs more then once

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update installs more then once: Hello, Well, its again some update issue,same update installed 3 times, as on attached screenshot. As far as I can remember the dates, several times tried to uninstall (not succesfully) the "Mixed Reality Portal", then I was asked to restart computer to finish, "Windows is...
  10. Drives showing more then once in Fire Explorer

Drives showing more then once in Fire Explorer: Curious why 3 of my external hard drives are showing more than once in Fire Explorer? Thanks for any help. [img] 111143