Windows 10: Driving me nuts

Discus and support Driving me nuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corona, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

Driving me nuts

I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes for their own products. Thus, they're "shared" files. I *Banghead*Banghead*BangheadHATE *Banghead*Banghead*Banghead shared files.

So I uninstall P2G and reinstall it, and it still won't run because it begs for those dlls. I look online, find them and install them. MSVCR says it can't install, there's a newer version already installed. (P2G11 isn't that old, it's not like it needs Quicktime2 or something.)
    MSVCP says Uninstall or Repair. I choose Repair. Looks okay.

I install P2G again and same thing, it wants both those dlls to run.

Besides reinstalling Win10 from scratch, can anyone think of any quicker alternatives?

:)

Corona, Sep 26, 2019
  2. little cat, Sep 26, 2019
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Driving me nuts

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Driving me nuts

1. Driving me nuts - Similar Threads - Driving nuts

2. Simple batch file driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple batch file driving me nuts: All I want to do is check if a folder exists on a network share and if it does, copy a file to it. Should be a piece of cake. Here is my code: Code: @echo on set "newFile=Just a test file.txt" set "hostTarget=\\Kfwserver\HP_D\ShowkeyPlus Data\" if exists "%hostTarget%" copy...
  3. Windows SandBox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 is driving me nuts please fix this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows SandBox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 is driving me nuts please fix this: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro Clean install but windows 10 Sandbox is not working (Turned On Virtualization and hyper-v,BIOS and windows are up to date with latest cumulative update (1903) Earlier Windows Sandbox Was Working When I Had First Upgraded To 1903(Not...
  4. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  5. all these BSODs are driving me nuts

all these BSODs are driving me nuts: Hello, I'm getting very frequent BSOD's, and up to now have not been able to get to the root of the problem. The software I'm using to analyse the dumps says it's not a hardware problem. My impression is that usually the BSOD occurs on waking up from hibernation. The usual...
  6. Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 temp profile driving me nuts, tried loads of things!: Hello all, Yes, unfortunately another thread about windows 10's wonderful temp profile. I thought i fixed it last week with the changing of the .bak in registry, but no. And it's not just one profile, every local profile i have does it, even the administrator account...
  7. Windows updates driving me NUTS!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates driving me NUTS!: It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks! Also, I suddenly cannot download anything from the Windows store either. Ready to pull my hair out! How can I fix this or stop...
  8. yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts

yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts: hi i tried interpreting these dump files myself to work out my woes, but no, no, no...i give up and am not ashamed to ask for help! there are 30 dmp files, but i don't want to bother someone to go through them all, but i suppose there might be a pattern shows up across...
  9. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713
  10. TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage: TiWorker keeps chewing up my HDD today. It keeps popping up in my resource monitor, causing my HDD to make a ton of racket (it's a loud WD black drive). In task manager, I right-click on it and select low priority, but then a few minutes later when it pops back up again, it's...