Windows 10: Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Discus and support Drop Down Arrows for File Folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matt Johnson1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on my yellow folders on my machine. Can you tell me if this is possible to activate?So, in other words, I'd like to hit the down pointer next to the folder to reveal its contentswithout having to double-click it to see its contents. Apple has this, and I miss the convenienceof it.Thank you,Matt Johnson

:)

Matt Johnson1, Jan 25, 2023

2. Back arrow

In Internet Explorer, when my cursor hovered over the "Back" arrow, a list of recent pages would drop down. I can't make this happen with Edge. Any suggestions?

StanWilsonXU, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Drop Down Arrows for File Folders :)

Frogger, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Explorer.exe crashing constantly

Hi Sophie,

There are several reasons why you've experienced the issue. If all the troubleshooting steps you found did not help, try disabling the Show recently used folders in Quick access and set Open file Explore to this PC. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the View tab, select Options drop-down arrow.
    • Choose Change folder and search options.
    • On General tab, click the drop-down arrow beside Open File Explorer to and select
      This PC.

We also suggest clearing File Explorer in history.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

1. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders - Similar Threads - Drop Down Arrows

2. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  3. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  4. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  5. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  6. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  7. Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder loses drop down arrows from Toolbar: I have one primary folder that I store most of my files on at work.I have this folder set up to be included on my toolbar. This makes it really easy to access some files with just a couple of clicks.However, sometimes on startup, the folder remains in the toolbar, but there...
  8. Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working

Drop Down Arrow On Favorites Bar Not Working: I have to restart Microsoft Edge just to get the arrow drop down, at the far right hand side of the favorites bar, to display other favorites. Can anyone Help?...
  9. Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders

Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders: Hi, I just booted into Windows and there are two blue arrows on all my files and folders for some strange reason. I've looked it up on the internet and apparently it means that they're compressed. I didn't do it and definetively don't want that. Windows basically compressed...
  10. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597