Windows 10: Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location

Discus and support Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two nearly identical 20H2 desktops, with basically identical settings and software, but on one, when I click Move To on the Home tab of the ribbon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wisewiz, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location

Two nearly identical 20H2 desktops, with basically identical settings and software, but on one, when I click Move To on the Home tab of the ribbon in File Explorer, a drop-down containing Quick Access folders and the old "Libraries" list appears with "Choose Location ..." at the bottom; on the other, the ONLY entry on the drop-down menu is "Choose Location ..." I would like to get the Quick Access folder locations back in the drop-down list. Anybody know how? TIA.

:)

Wisewiz, Mar 14, 2021

2. How to clear the 'move to' and 'copy to' lists

Is there a way to delete the list of folders in the 'Move to' and 'Copy to' lists? I use the menu shortcut keys a lot but the drop down list of suggestions is becoming unmanageable. I usually scroll to the bottom and 'Choose location'

BarbaraHungerford, Mar 14, 2021
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Brian2090 Win User

How to clear the 'move to' and 'copy to' lists

Is there a way to shorten the list of folders in the 'Move to' and 'Copy to' actions of Explorer's ribbon menu?

I use the menu shortcut keys a lot but the drop down list of suggestions is becoming unmanageable.

I have to scroll to the very bottom and 'Choose location'. This has been asked before but not answered well.

The best suggestion I've found is at this SuperUser.com link. Clear them in the View-Options-Folder settings.

How to clear "Move To" and "Copy To" Explorer Tool Bar on WIndows 10

Brian2090, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location - Similar Threads - Drop down choices

2. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  3. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  4. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab: When I go to device manager and click on let's say human interface devices and then click on properties properties in the drop down menu list in the details tab tab I get items that look something like {3464f7a4-2444-40b1-980a-e090ecb6d912} [10]What the hell are these??Here's...
  6. Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab: When I go to device manager and click on let's say human interface devices and then click on properties properties in the drop down menu list in the details tab tab I get items that look something like {3464f7a4-2444-40b1-980a-e090ecb6d912} [10]What the hell are these??Here's...
  7. Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location: Two nearly identical 20H2 desktops, with basically identical settings and software, but on one, when I click Move To on the Home tab of the ribbon in File Explorer, a drop-down containing Quick Access folders and the old "Libraries" list appears with "Choose Location ..." at...
  8. Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many choices - Copy to and Move to: Just got my Acer laptop back from the shop. The 'move to' and 'copy to' menus have decided to add and keep every item ever used. Anyone have a fix. ie. I need to deleted unwanted sticky items in the "Move to" and "Copy to" drop down menus. This is a tough one to google,...
  9. Sequential copy/move to different locations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sequential copy/move to different locations: Anyone know if it is possible to have a multiple files/folder copied to different locations sequentially? For example folder c:\music\ABBA copied to f:\music\ABBA and then copy c:\downloads\archives to g:\archives and then copy f:\games to g:\games. If I select those files...
  10. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597