Windows 10: Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

Discus and support Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evangelos Matsinos, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the "standard" error: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."By right-clicking on shortcuts and folders, I see why the default left-clicking operation fails. T

:)

Evangelos Matsinos, Jun 13, 2022
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts :)

terrace, Jun 13, 2022
  3. Right click function of an application

Hello

After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent.

Also if i take the pointer slightly towards right of the menu it shows the drop down menu options but not fully transparent that is it is not overwriting over the list of options after the 1st right click on an application of taskbar.

Please solve the problem and give necessary suggestions.

Thank you and regards

Sumit Mondal, Jun 13, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

Make list of files in a folder

My impression is that what he wants is a list he can click on. To me that suggests creating one folder with shortcuts to the items in the various media folders.

And perhaps Motim wants that to be a dynamic list- i.e. always up to date with respect to changing content in those folders.

If so, this could be done using Autohotkey, with a script which scans through the files in each folder in turn and for each file use this command to create a shortcut:

Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts [​IMG]

Motim?

dalchina, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

1. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts - Similar Threads - Drop down list

2. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  3. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  4. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts: Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the...
  5. Right click drop down menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click drop down menu: The drop down menu does not appear when I right click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drop-down-menu/7bb6b060-3386-4c4e-b3e0-402174ae3533
  6. Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue: Hi, I have noticed a problem recently with my PC. Sometimes, when I right click on a folder, file or shortcut, I'm met with an extremely long load time blue spinning wheel. If I'm within File explorer and this happens, I can restart the process via task manager. This...
  7. Drop down menu after right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop down menu after right click: What I see a strange problem since last many days in my laptop is: When ever I right click and select anything from dropdown menu then menu opens left side every time. It should always open right side. It should open on left side only if space is not available. My laptop...
  8. Drop Down list

Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging: Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update here is a gif of what i'm...
  10. Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow: Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and unresponsiveness, but not crashes. In the video you'll see me try to open windows, and right clicking the sound icon, which opens...