Windows 10: Drop down menu / Autoscroll

Discus and support Drop down menu / Autoscroll in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wyvern590, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Wyvern590 Win User

Drop down menu / Autoscroll

Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or on the google search results page, the right moue button activates the auto scroll feature instead of the drop down menu. But, if I am on the google home page, or the desktop, the right mouse button activates the drop down menu. If I am on the google search results page and directly right click a link the drop down menu appears but also opens the link in another tab, which I also don't want. Needless to say this is very frustrating, I cant right click a misspelled word in Word because the drop down menu won't appear.

I have tried...

system restore

updating drivers

updating windows

running Ccleaner

scanning for viruses/malware

the system troubleshooter

switching USB ports

hooking my mouse up to another computer to ensure that it wasn't broken

ensured I wasn't in tablet mode

uninstalled all third party software

restarting file explorer

running sfc/scannow

scouring all mouse related settings trying to find anything that would fix this issue.

I've even reached out to a windows advisor, and so far we haven't had any luck in fixing the issue

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Wyvern590, Apr 29, 2020
  2. martian Win User

Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled.
    (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting
    one also deletes the other.)

I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but
    could only find Chrome-styled browsers (without pull-down or drop-down menus).

Would anyone suggest an old style browser?

TIA.

martian, Apr 29, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Excel Drop Down Menu Question

I'm toying around with a project for work. We're trying to make an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of parts that employees would sort of use to build an order form. It's coming along nicely and works fairly well with the touch screen tablet we have, but I had a question. At the moment, when you highlight a cell that has a drop down list of choice, a small box with a down triangle appears in the bottom right. You click that, then the list of items appears. Is there anyway I can make it so that when you click the cell the drop down menu appears? This would make working with the spreadsheet on the tablet many times easier.

OrbitzXT, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Drop down menu / Autoscroll - Similar Threads - Drop down menu

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  4. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Autoscroll/selecting in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoscroll/selecting in start menu: Hi Guys, Whenever I open my start menu in windows 10, the 'selection' automatically scrolls from the top of the Recently Added section, all the way left to the tiles section before settling on the last tile of the bottom row. It does this every time and doesn't respond to...
  9. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  10. drop down menu too long

drop down menu too long: hello brain trust: using the win 10 tp now, so I'm here, but I've had this problem going back to xp, 7, 8 and 8.1. the problem is some drop downs from the top menu of a program are too long, forcing a long scroll by mouse wheel or clicking the arrow at the top and bottom...