Windows 10: Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'.

Discus and support Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Recently a problem developed on my computer. Whenever I right-click on my desktop or in the File Explorer to access the drop-down menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Connor LeClaire, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'.

Hello!

Recently a problem developed on my computer. Whenever I right-click on my desktop or in the File Explorer to access the drop-down menu and hover over 'New' for more than a second or click on 'New' the drop-down menu freezes. Usually, after about 5 seconds I can access other programs and use them, however, the menu overlays on top. Typically it takes about a minute for the menu to disappear, usually accompanied by a quick grey-out of the screen and a flash.

I recently downloaded Dolby -something- for audio quality boost, however, I have since uninstalled the app, I have also tried tweaking my Registry Editor and completing a Clean Boot, restarting every time I make a change - none of these solve the issue. These were the quick-fixes I saw in other Microsoft Community posts however none of them seemed to have worked.

I also ran a System File Checker in cmd and here are the results:

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

SPECS:

Dell XPS 15 9560

Intel i7

64-Bit

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1809 - Updated completely

Please let me know if there are any recommended solutions or if more information is required!

Cheers,

Connor

:)

Connor LeClaire, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Feb 1, 2019
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Excel Drop Down Menu Question

I'm toying around with a project for work. We're trying to make an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of parts that employees would sort of use to build an order form. It's coming along nicely and works fairly well with the touch screen tablet we have, but I had a question. At the moment, when you highlight a cell that has a drop down list of choice, a small box with a down triangle appears in the bottom right. You click that, then the list of items appears. Is there anyway I can make it so that when you click the cell the drop down menu appears? This would make working with the spreadsheet on the tablet many times easier.

OrbitzXT, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'.

How do I fix right click context menu spacing?

Hi Josh,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the menu size and check.

• Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Display.

• Under the Change only the text size, click on the drop down and select the
      Menus option.

• Reduce the size of the Menu by clicking on the drop down and click on
      Apply.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'.

1. Drop-down menu freezing when hovering over or clicking 'New'. - Similar Threads - Drop down menu

2. Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option: Hi,When I right click on the desktop and the menu appears, if I hover over any of the options, it doesn't highlight that option. It will slightly highlight the text itself when hovering but the not the whole option itself. It use to look like the first image, it would have...
  3. Windows explorer freezing when hovering over context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer freezing when hovering over context menu: I sometimes have this issue, but it has become more common. Whenever I open the file explorer and right click on anywhere and hover over the context menu, it usually freezes at "cast to device". is there any fix?...
  4. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  5. Right click drop down menu

Right click drop down menu: The drop down menu does not appear when I right click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drop-down-menu/7bb6b060-3386-4c4e-b3e0-402174ae3533
  6. When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my pc freezes

When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my pc freezes: When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my desktop freezes/wont respond and this is a new pc this is like within my first week of using it and now this happens this happened with my old pc and when I factory reset it the problem was resolved but I do not want...
  7. Drop down menu after right click

Drop down menu after right click: What I see a strange problem since last many days in my laptop is: When ever I right click and select anything from dropdown menu then menu opens left side every time. It should always open right side. It should open on left side only if space is not available. My laptop...
  8. Windows explorer freezes when trying to create a new foleder on right-click drop-down menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when trying to create a new foleder on right-click drop-down menu: I have seen many posts in that regard on the Internet net but none helped or else were not applicable. From the Control Panel maintenance section I managed to find the following problem report: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎19/‎05/‎2019 17:07...
  9. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  10. Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu: Microsoft has started to test an update for its many web properties that changes the header bar. The update improves the drop down experience from a large black bar to a cleaner white box that lays on top of the existing content. Read more... 2513

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right mouse clicking and hovering over new stuck

2. right click dropdown frozen

3. windows freezes whenever hovering over new

4. right click freezes when i hover over new,
  5. win 10 dektop dropdown menu new freeses,
  6. everytime i hover over new on my computuer freezes,
  7. excel freezes when dropdown menu,
  8. computer freezes when i right click on desktop and hover over new,
  9. dropdown freezes windows10,
  10. dropdown freezing on windows 7,
  11. hovering my mouse on new freezes my computer ,