Windows 10: drop down menu too long

Discus and support drop down menu too long in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello brain trust: using the win 10 tp now, so I'm here, but I've had this problem going back to xp, 7, 8 and 8.1. the problem is some drop downs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaypea500, Mar 5, 2015.

1. jaypea500 Win User

drop down menu too long

hello brain trust:

using the win 10 tp now, so I'm here, but I've had this problem going back to xp, 7, 8 and 8.1. the problem is some drop downs from the top menu of a program are too long, forcing a long scroll by mouse wheel or clicking the arrow at the top and bottom of the list (see pic). there used to be a reg hack that would have the drop down menu have multiple columns if it was longer that the screen height. anyone remember what that was? I did try google and bing, but got screwgled and bonged. *Tongue *Haha

thanks...

...joe

:)

jaypea500, Mar 5, 2015

2. drop down menu's on lumia 820

A really annoying issue when trying to click on a drop down menu.

e.g when using sky sports website, if i click on football, i should have a list of options, the drop down menu doesn't stay up, and if i try to push down too long on the menu, the phone brings up a menu to share or pin to start!!!

Liam n GemWilton, Mar 5, 2015
  3. drop down menu's on lumia 820

i also have this problem with a different website, yet changing the version from mobile to desktop did nothing, did it work for you?

Ethanolamine, Mar 5, 2015
Thema:

drop down menu too long

1. drop down menu too long - Similar Threads - drop down menu

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  4. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Menu drop down box is too small, how do I resize it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu drop down box is too small, how do I resize it: The menu drop down boxes are too small, how do I resize then https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-drop-down-box-is-too-small-how-do-i-resize-it/b3355230-04b7-4334-aa9a-f899597725cd
  9. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...