Windows 10: Drop Down Menus disappear

Discus and support Drop Down Menus disappear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MESHinc, May 1, 2019.

1. MESHinc Win User

Drop Down Menus disappear

When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears.

Examples:

Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears.

OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing status icon, DDM appears, mouse the cursor up to the DDM and it disappears.

I updated the WIN office programs 29APR2019 and that did not help.

Word and Excel do not have issues.

If I use the arrow keys and it is an operation that supports the arrow keys, I can select from the DDM.

This happens on both my Asus laptop and my Dell desktop both are within 1-year-old. I have tried different mice and USB vs Bluetooth it makes no difference. Different screens make no difference.

Have all the WIN 10 Updates installed and have run WIN 10 Virus Scans and all Troubleshooting apps in WIN 10. No issues.

I checked the web and found little or nothing recently (issue back in 2014) on anyone having this problem.

:)

MESHinc, May 1, 2019

2. Anyone know why my drop down menus disappear?

Hi,

I had this exact problem, where the drop down list disappears when clicked on save and open dialogs.

My issue was caused due to a fingerprint recognition SDK i was using.

To solve the issue, i ended the process for "pg.exe" within task manager. pg.exe was part of the SDK licensing service.

craig12345, May 1, 2019
  3. Raizy Win User
    Anyone know why my drop down menus disappear?

Everytime I try to save a file and I want to choose which directory I want to save it at (lets say desktop), the drop down menu disappears after like a split second. So I have to keep dropping it down *Bang Head :banghead:

Anyone experience this before?

Raizy, May 1, 2019
  4. Drop Down Menus disappear

Anyone know why my drop down menus disappear?

Everytime I try to save a file and I want to choose which directory I want to save it at (lets say desktop), the drop down menu disappears after like a split second. So I have to keep dropping it down *Slap :slap: When I went to ukskydiving.com they had a forum also but no luck on the registry issue, just sky diving lol!
    Thanks,
    *Toast :toast:

ChesterAitkin, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Drop Down Menus disappear

1. Drop Down Menus disappear - Similar Threads - Drop Down Menus

2. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  3. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  4. drop down menus not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drop down menus not working in Windows 10: My drop down menus in Windows 10 flicker on but I cannot select any of the items. They do not stay there long enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus-not-working-in-windows-10/820967a6-d922-43e2-b2ad-adb5741f11bb
  5. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus: My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came installed when I bought the computer or I use Chrome. It happens on both browsers and it also happens when I try to open the start...
  6. Drop down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  7. Can’t type or access drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t type or access drop down menus: Whenever I type, the text I typed was automatically deleted. I also couldn’t access any drop down menus including the search bar. I can’t shut the pc down because there is work that needs to be saved. On the application, I could just press ctrl + s but when i press ctrl it...
  8. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop-down menus in display settings flickering: The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is happening on 3 different Lenovo ThinkPad P52 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 1903. I have run all Windows and Lenovo...
  9. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color: I have two Excel spreadsheets that I drew up to help people in the office track their days off and whether they use sick, annual, holiday or admin leave, in addition to filling in the regular calendar. I created drop down menus to facilitate that. In the first spreadsheet,...
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drop down list disappears