Windows 10: Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

Discus and support Drop-down menus in display settings flickering in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Garrett Wagoner, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is happening on 3 different Lenovo ThinkPad P52 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 1903. I have run all Windows and Lenovo updates, and updated BIOS and display adapters. The problem does not occur in Safe Mode, but does occur in clean boot environment. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Garrett Wagoner, Nov 1, 2019

2. Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options

Hi,

I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep flickering.

I go to settings-> Display , the orientation drop down menu keeps flickering. It doesn't let me change it from default "landscape".

Then I go to "advanced display setting" and the resolution drop down menu keeps flickering and doesn't let me change it.

I tried update the graphics driver and changing the screen refresh rate. But doesn't make a difference.

Please suggest the fix.

UmeshKrishnan, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options

Hi Roshan,

The problem with me is not screen flickering.

The issue is with only the dropdown menu flickering. And that too only in the display settings.

Please check if you have seen such an issue.

UmeshKrishnan, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you connected any external monitors to the computer?

To narrow down the issue, I suggest you to try connecting another monitor as well as another monitor cable and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

If the issue persists after checking with another monitor and the monitor cable, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 and check if this
    helps.

Method 2:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on your desktop > Click on
      Display settings > On the right-pane, scroll down and click on
      Advanced display settings
    2. Click on the Display adapter properties for Display 1 > In the next window, go to
      Monitor tab > Under Screen refresh rate drop-down menu, try changing the desired Hertz rate.
    3. Restart the computer after changing each rate and check if the issue persists.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

1. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering - Similar Threads - Drop down menus

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  4. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right click and drop down menus not working

Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  6. Drop down menus

Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  7. Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options

Drop down menus of screen settings flicker and not able to change options: Hi, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep flickering. I go to settings-> Display , the orientation drop down menu keeps flickering. It doesn't let me change it from default "landscape". Then I go to "advanced display setting" and the...
  8. Drop Down Menus disappear

Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  9. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color: I have two Excel spreadsheets that I drew up to help people in the office track their days off and whether they use sick, annual, holiday or admin leave, in addition to filling in the regular calendar. I created drop down menus to facilitate that. In the first spreadsheet,...
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drop down menu keeps jumping

2. windows dropdowns flickering

3. Windows 10 mouse dropdown menu dissppears

4. display settings drop down boxes flickering