Windows 10: Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

Discus and support Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 and I've noticed that the tint on the drop shadows are this weird coloring now. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djeanniejean, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

I recently bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 and I've noticed that the tint on the drop shadows are this weird coloring now. I do digital scrapbooking and tag making. I use scrap kits and tubes for these. Now when I see a kit element with a drop shadow to it, or if I try to make my own drop shadow, they all have this weird washed out black with a yellowish tint to them. No matter how dark black I go, it's still not like the old drop shadow I'm used to. I've just come from the very old Vista and had no problems. Everything I see now with any sort of drop shadow has this tint. The black is anemic look with the anemic yellow tinting. Is this a Windows problem or my desktop itself?

:)

djeanniejean, Sep 16, 2016

2. Nokia C7 Display Defect

You are totally wrong !!! purple tint is a hardware problem . AMOLED technology comes with tint problem . some amoleds are too tinted some not so . Mine was average tinted , so I claimed my warranty , the screen was replaced and now there is a slight tint
    almost invisible .

Just remember that all C7's and N8's are using the same firmware so if it was a drivers problem all of them should have the same grade of tint but thats far from the truth .

There are some colors of the spectrum that are displaying incorrectly as purple . the only software solution-patch there is to replace those colors of display with others neighbor in the spectrum . All these are done in driver level but its a compromization
    in color quality which hides the problem and not resolving it . there is no solution for a tinted screen to display 16million colors !

Vangelis290189, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Red colored screen after November update

*Original Title: red screen after update

after december update for win 10 my color or tint is pink to red, and will not calibrate or reset

thanks kk

KennethKnutson, Sep 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

A picture can be worth a thousand posts.

Are you by any chance using Stardock's ShadowFX?
    Or applying a special theme?

dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
  5. No, not using anything specific for drop shadowing. It's just this weird-tinted coloring whenever I see ANY image with a drop shadow or whenever I make my own graphics from png images and use a drop shadow. The result is a dull washed-out not-so-black shadow with a pale yellowish tint (mostly around the edge). I use Gimp 2 and Paint.net (latest version) for making my graphics, and on my old laptop with the antique Windows Vista, everything was just fine. Now, no matter how dark black I try to make the shadow, it just won't go completely dark black. Everything I try just looks sickly. Would this be my Dell, or is it a Windows problem? I have looked all over to try to find a solution and found a couple of people who've asked the same Q. but there were no replies.

djeanniejean, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

1. Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Drop Shadow color

2. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  3. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  4. Volume Shadow Copy - Win 10 problems - solution provided

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Volume Shadow Copy - Win 10 problems - solution provided: Hi moderator The thread old thread has a solution as descibed in new thread Could you pls. add? br Peter Lauritzen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-shadow-copy-win-10-problems-solution/de4ee7d6-2f1a-4a5a-801c-7ba495482380
  5. Drop shadows on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  6. Changing color tint of my monitor

Changing color tint of my monitor: Last month until this month I experienced a change of color of my tint on my monitor. Sometimes it is a normal "white" and sometimes it is a little "orange" or "yellow green". I haven't changed my color calibration but I do have a f.lux app so I can lower my brightness. But...
  7. My screen turns into colored tints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen turns into colored tints: Recently my screen turned pinkish when i plugged my computer into a tv it was fine. So i thought it was the monitor but it turned orangeish on my tv too after a while. The past 2 days there where 2 amd driver updates that i rolled back. No idea how far though but it didnt...
  8. Camera Color Temperature/Tint in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Color Temperature/Tint in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 with the standard camera. It casts everything purple. How can I correct the color temperature? The settings only allow changing white balance and brightness. In the photo below, the curtains are really brown and my shirt is brown and rust. Thanks!...
  9. Icon Label Text Color will NOT change and Drop Shadows will NOT go away!

Icon Label Text Color will NOT change and Drop Shadows will NOT go away!: I posted this in a discussion 5 years ago. That thread was locked, there was still no satisfactory reply, it occurs on all computers I have used (many). It is a DEFINITE bug and still Microsoft does nothing. Has anybody found a satisfactory workaround that does not involve...
  10. Cannot remove icon label drop shadows. Win 10 keeps putting back on!

Cannot remove icon label drop shadows. Win 10 keeps putting back on!: This is driving me crazy. Windows 10 always keeps putting back the drop shadow for the label under the desktop icons. I go into System -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance and uncheck "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". Click apply. If I do this at...