Windows 10: Drop shadows on desktop icons

Discus and support Drop shadows on desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryJones7, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Drop shadows on desktop icons

The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops the shadows appear. I have learned to open TASKMGR, go to EXPLORER and RESTART it. That only last until the next window shift. It is crazy. Microsoft needs to fix this.

:)

GaryJones7, Feb 19, 2021

2. Drop Shadows on Desktop

I want to eliminate the drop shadows on the text under the icons on my desktop. I used the following procedure that hasn't worked:

- Control Panel, System

- Advanced system settings

- Advanced tab, Performance, Settings

- Unchecked "Save task bar thumbnail previews", "Show shadows under mouse pointer", "Show shadows under windows", and "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"

The drop shadows are still there. How do I get rid of them?

BeverlyHedberg, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

On my Windows 10 Desktop, the text under icons has an unpleasant shadow. I cannot seem to remove the drop shadows. There is a checkbox (in Advance System Settings), and I have carefully unchecked it, and restarted my PC. But the drop shadows under the
    icon labels persist. I was able to get rid of the drop shadows in Windows 7 quite easily. But so far, I can't accomplish the same task in Windows 10. Any help?

SteveChesebrough, Feb 19, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Drop shadows on desktop icons

Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows

Hi, Win 10 pro - can confirm I see that after using Snap. Normal function is restored if you restart explorer via the task manager.

Suggest you report it via the Feedback Hub app e.g.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/drop-s...or-icon-labels
    - gives a relevant registry key; maybe it can be 'fixed' or worked around using that.

I found this tutorial for 8 downwards but there isn't the equivalent here:
    Desktop Icon Labels - Turn Drop Shadows On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

dalchina, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Drop shadows on desktop icons

1. Drop shadows on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Drop shadows desktop

2. Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.: Team : Today, all of a sudden my Windows 11 DeskTop shows DropShadows on all Desktop Icons. I have NOT changed any settings.I also tried this Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EscQHpUEdgBut no help. Can some Experts guide me to remove Drop Shadows. No matter which...
  3. Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.: Team : Today, all of a sudden my Windows 11 DeskTop shows DropShadows on all Desktop Icons. I have NOT changed any settings.I also tried this Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EscQHpUEdgBut no help. Can some Experts guide me to remove Drop Shadows. No matter which...
  4. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  5. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  6. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon labels have drop shadows: This morning, when I turned on my computer, the desktop icon labels have drop shadows. I have had them set to not have that since I got my computer. Last night, I shut down my computer via the power button on the computer. Today, I have drop shadows that I cannot get rid of...
  7. Drop shadows on desktop icons remains irrespective of setting

Drop shadows on desktop icons remains irrespective of setting: So my appearance settings are set to no drop shadows and my registry key for the same is set to zero yet the shadows remain and they make it very difficult to actually read the text. Its the same on two separate PC's Are MS going to actually fix this switch?...
  8. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons: I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them? Thanks in...
  9. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons: I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them? Thanks in...
  10. Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows: Win 10 Tech Demo. I would like to have plain black text on my desktop icons. I have un-ticked the appropriate box to remove the subject drop shadows, but it did not remove them. I have checked the appropriate registry setting which is set to "0". When I boot into Win...