Windows 10: Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM

Discus and support Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At 11:15 PM every night, without fail, my computer decides it wants to attempt to focus my Desktop. Often times it will succeed, and it throws me out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Greybackx, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM

At 11:15 PM every night, without fail, my computer decides it wants to attempt to focus my Desktop. Often times it will succeed, and it throws me out of whatever programs or game I have presently focused.

I've checked Event Viewer and the only thing that corresponds with that timestamp is the Microsoft Windows security auditing -- but there's thousands of those and they happen very regularly. I'm unsure as to what this could be. I do have some apps like f.lux & Dual Monitor Tools installed but I don't see why it would be any of them, as this has only just started occurring about a week or two ago. Prior to that I have not experienced this oddity.

Peruse at your leisure!

submitted by /u/Greybackx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Greybackx, Feb 12, 2023

2. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Feb 12, 2023
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2023
  4. gatahwa Win User

Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM

Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM 6eaaeddb-ce73-45b8-9ed7-bbcb96a3909c?upload=true.png

Hello,

It is May and I still have "Build 22000", how do I update to "Build 22581"?

Regards,

gatahwa, Feb 12, 2023
Thema:

Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM

1. Drop to Desktop at 11:15 PM - Similar Threads - Drop Desktop

2. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  3. Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop: About 2 out of 10 times when I drop something to the desktop either from a zip file or from explorer or any other source if i drop the file to the center of the screen it does not "land" there, it moves down the whole 1st column from the top left of the screen and places the...
  4. Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop: About 2 out of 10 times when I drop something to the desktop either from a zip file or from explorer or any other source if i drop the file to the center of the screen it does not "land" there, it moves down the whole 1st column from the top left of the screen and places the...
  5. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  6. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  7. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  8. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  9. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  10. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...