Windows 10: DropBox Alternative for Win10

Discus and support DropBox Alternative for Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day all, I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by suzysparklez, Oct 9, 2016.

1. DropBox Alternative for Win10

Good day all,

I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any hassle and I'm very happy about that. There's one issue I've run in to and I could use some expert advice.

I run a freelance design business from home. I'm trying to use my Surface Book for this purpose while my custom PC is built. For years I've been using DropBox as my remote sharing/syncing across all my macs when I'm in and out of the office. I've really begun to hate DropBox for a couple reasons. As of right now, as I work solely off of my Surface Book, which only has 128GB HDD, I'm struggling with space. So I've decided to use Selective Sync to only keep the files I NEED on my Surface so I can work.

In my workflow, I usually need to edit or duplicate an older design file with a new/current offer. To find an older PSD file in DropBox via the web interface is SO PAINFUL and frustrating - I some times want to cut myself *Smile

I need to find another cloud system that allows me to search all my cloud files with large previews/thumbnails and then either download it to my computer to edit/duplicate or a way that it will allow me to edit it as a cache and then sync it back up to the server upon save. I rather not have to download the file and take up space... because then I have to add another step in my workflow and empty my downloads and trash every time to keep the freed space available.

The ideal system would allow me to view ALL cloud files in previews/thumbs and then decide how to move forward with the file without having to house them all on my hard drive.

I welcome any and all suggestions, including my OWN cloud storage solution (open source or other) if an existing isn't available.

Thank you so much for your time.

Suzy

:)

suzysparklez, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Gophigure Win User

Windows 10 Start menu dosen't work

I am sharing my solution on every site where I found helpful advice. I do not have Avast, have tried the sfc scannow solution, the safe boot, the F8 and everything else I found online but nothing worked. Finally I
    found a thread on the Dropbox Community that suggested that Win10 had a conflict with Dropbox. Per their instructions I uninstalled Dropbox (I use Revouninstall and then CCleaner to clean up), rebooted and found the Win10 Start menu functioned just fine. I
    then reinstalled Dropbox, have rebooted several times and the Win10 Start button continues to work just fine. If you've tried everything else and you happen to have Dropbox on your machine I suggest giving this a try.

Gophigure, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Gophigure Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error - One More Solution

I am sharing my solution on every site where I found helpful advice. I do not have Avast, have tried the sfc scannow solution, the safe boot, the F8 and everything else I found online but nothing worked. Finally I
    found a thread on the Dropbox Community that suggested that Win10 had a conflict with Dropbox. Per their instructions I uninstalled Dropbox (I use Revouninstall and then CCleaner to clean up), rebooted and found the Win10 Start menu functioned just fine. I
    then reinstalled Dropbox, have rebooted several times and the Win10 Start button continues to work just fine. If you've tried everything else and you happen to have Dropbox on your machine I suggest giving this a try.

Gophigure, Oct 9, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

DropBox Alternative for Win10

Ok I will start with your last choice ownCloud as you probably already know you can run this on amazon or aws and pay a monthly fee but if you want to play with it and find out if it is the right fit for you.

You could run it locally for free because it is open source, I use it in a Virtual Machine using VMware
    ownCloud Virtual Machines

If you want to try it on an unused computer try this
    ownCloud

I also use
    Welcome to Microsoft OneDrive
    Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files
    MEGA (mega.nz)

sml156, Oct 9, 2016
  5. PiKo Win User
    To find an older PSD file in DropBox via the web interface is SO PAINFUL and frustrating - I some times want to cut myself

Hi
    Although I never tried it myself, I could imagine that the following works for searching in Dropbox:
    1: assign a drive letter to your Dropbox; 2: use a search program, different from explorer.

For assigning a drive letter to your Dropbox, see:
    https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/how-...rk-drive/25345

There are many fast free search programs. I am happy with Wise Jet Search.

suc6

PiKo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DropBox Alternative for Win10

1. DropBox Alternative for Win10 - Similar Threads - DropBox Alternative Win10

2. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  3. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for In place update for win10?: My system is under very weird problems.My settings crash when i go into connection settings Microsoft store or any other microsoft download like xbox app from its own website or minecraft refuses to install or downloadWindows cant update, it says it encountered an error and...
  4. Alternatives for In place update for win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dropbox

Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  6. Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?: A friend bought a new HP TP01-1050, i5, Windows 10 Home PC from amazon and I'm setting it up for him. While using the PC, a Dropbox promotion popped up and the popup did not have any way to close it except to click the "OK" button which I guess is "OK to install Dropbox". I...
  7. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  8. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox: Dropbox will not allow me to share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/8d75d65c-8757-4abd-bdf3-5d337734ea2b"
  9. Alternative to Dropbox

Alternative to Dropbox: Hi. I've been using Dropbox for the past few weeks. It is great but 2GB of storage is nowhere near enough. Before that, I was using Mediafire, but it was laggy, slow at updating and didn't have a desktop app. Basically, I'm looking for a free cloud storage, which you can...
  10. Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent or alternative to the "netdiag" command for Win10: the "netdiag" command is not available in Windows 10. Is there any equivalent available? 90988