Windows 10: Dropbox and Windows Explorer

Discus and support Dropbox and Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a while, I have had issues with windows explorer renaming files in my dropbox folders. There is a lag when I go to rename files. Many times if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Dropbox and Windows Explorer

For a while, I have had issues with windows explorer renaming files in my dropbox folders. There is a lag when I go to rename files. Many times if I restart explorer, it speeds up to only slow down. I have tried various things I have found on the net (need to look it up again to list).

I am wondering it if is with the overlay icons. I am not using onedrive. However, at this location in the registry, onedrive has many entries so all DB entries are not in the first 15.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

Here is the list in my registry. Wondering if i should delete he onedrive entries.

Dropbox and Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

rinconmike, Sep 17, 2018

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Dropbox and Windows Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Dropbox and Windows Explorer

1. Dropbox and Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Dropbox Explorer

2. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  3. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  4. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  5. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  6. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

7. Unable to delete dropbox in explorer or users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete dropbox in explorer or users: I need some help please. I have uninstalled Dropbox using Revo uninstaller. I deleted all the advanced registry entries. First I deleted all the files in Dropbox. I then restarted the computer; but Dropbox appears in Explorer and User folders and files. I cannot delete it. "A...
  8. Unable to delete dropbox in explorer or users

Unable to delete dropbox in explorer or users: I need some help please. I have uninstalled Dropbox using Revo uninstaller. I deleted all the advanced registry entries. First I deleted all the files in Dropbox. I then restarted the computer; but Dropbox appears in Explorer and User folders and files. I cannot delete it. "A...
  9. How to create a special folder like Onedrive or dropbox in window file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a special folder like Onedrive or dropbox in window file explorer: Hi, I am developing a desktop app for windows using electron js, and I want to create a folder that should stay underneath the quick access folder in the file explorer as the Onedrive does, I have searched about it but couldn't find how it was done. Kindly help me out how to...
  10. How to create a special folder like Onedrive or dropbox in window file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a special folder like Onedrive or dropbox in window file explorer: Hi, I am developing a desktop app for windows using electron js, and I want to create a folder that should stay underneath the quick access folder in the file explorer as the Onedrive does, I have searched about it but couldn't find how it was done. Kindly help me out how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dropbox in explorer

2. access dropbox from windows explorer

3. dropbox explorer

4. see dropbox in explorer,
  5. open dropbox in windows explorer,
  6. view dropbox in windows explorer,
  7. 1 OF FOLDERS NOT SHOWING IN DROPBOX WINDOW EXPLORER,
  8. dropbox login change in windows explorer,
  9. dropbox login with explorer,
  10. microsoft dropbox for windows,
  11. dropbox windows file explorer issues