Windows 10: Dropbox asks permission at every boot

Discus and support Dropbox asks permission at every boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, Dropbox asks me for permission to install each time I reboot my computer. I don't remember that happening in the past. What is fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimTrietsch, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Dropbox asks permission at every boot

Recently, Dropbox asks me for permission to install each time I reboot my computer. I don't remember that happening in the past. What is fix for this?

:)

JimTrietsch, Oct 22, 2020

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Dropbox asks permission at every boot

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Dropbox asks permission at every boot

1. Dropbox asks permission at every boot - Similar Threads - Dropbox asks permission

2. Android asks for screen cast permission every time SOLVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android asks for screen cast permission every time SOLVED: While looking for the answer to this I came across a bunch of similar questions here that did not have a solution and were locked to replies. So I'm posting a new pre-answered question hoping it helps someone. It's a workaround but it's easy, one-time and you won't get this...
  3. Android asks for screen cast permission every time SOLVED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android asks for screen cast permission every time SOLVED: While looking for the answer to this I came across a bunch of similar questions here that did not have a solution and were locked to replies. So I'm posting a new pre-answered question hoping it helps someone. It's a workaround but it's easy, one-time and you won't get this...
  4. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  5. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  6. applications asking permission on every boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    applications asking permission on every boot up: About a month ago I performed a "clean boot" to try to fix a problem I was having running a game. Since then several of my applications have been asking me if I "want to allow this program to make changes to your device" every time I start up. This is the usual popup that...
  7. Asking permission

Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  8. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  9. "Ask for Permission" Error

"Ask for Permission" Error: I just recently got a gaming laptop for Christmas, a Dell G3 15 3590 to be specific. It runs a 64bit Windows 10 Home OS. I'm part of a Microsoft family and marked as "Child". Anyways, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so I checked the Xbox Beta app to see the games I could...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...