Windows 10: Dropbox files giving warning message

Discus and support Dropbox files giving warning message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A new frustration, started recently. When I move or copy any Dropbox file, of any type, to another folder - even another Dropbox folder - I now get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Terrypin Win User

Dropbox files giving warning message

A new frustration, started recently. When I move or copy any Dropbox file, of any type, to another folder - even another Dropbox folder - I now get the daft message shown below.

These are local files, made by me, owned by me. Only happens when the start folder is in Dropbox. I can move or copy files outside Dropbox into a Dropbox folder (or any other folder) as usual, with no silly message.

I've also posted to the Dropbox forum but from experience I'm not optimistic.

Terry

:)

Terrypin, Mar 22, 2021

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Unable to open Dropbox file sent to me

I received a file in my yahoo.ca email box. The file shows that it is shared by Dropbox. When I click the button to open the file, my Gmail account shows up. Why does my Dropbox did not open to receive this file?

I downloaded the file, but none of the application listed by Microsoft allows me to open the file.

Any suggestions?

RozaBulyaki, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Dropbox files giving warning message

Dropbox Sync Issue

Hi, I had installed dropbox on my laptop and it had been syncing my folders correctly. But ever since I went home and came back, it's been not synchronizing anything that I change in the folder, and I didn't know what to do. I checked my firewall settings, disabled it, went to dropbox unlinked and relinked my laptop, reinstalled dropbox multiple times, even created a different account on my other email address but it still didn't work. It was still not syncing the folder at all. So I went to my program files folder and it's been recording this error consistently one after the other:

Python WNDPROC handler failed
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "arch\win32\tray_icon.pyc", line 200, in on_timer
    File "arch\win32\tray_icon.pyc", line 300, in show_menu
    pywintypes.error: (0, 'SetForegroundWindow', 'No error message is available')

So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me fix my dropbox. Thanks!

disarmedmeteor, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Dropbox files giving warning message

1. Dropbox files giving warning message - Similar Threads - Dropbox files giving

2. File History and Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History and Dropbox: Hi all, I am using Windows 11 File History for a physical backup of my files. File History backs up everything in my C:\Users\[my name here] folder. This folder includes, among other things, my Documents, Pictures and Dropbox folders. Since the contents of my Documents and...
  3. File History and Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History and Dropbox: Hi all, I am using Windows 11 File History for a physical backup of my files. File History backs up everything in my C:\Users\[my name here] folder. This folder includes, among other things, my Documents, Pictures and Dropbox folders. Since the contents of my Documents and...
  4. Disabling Warning Messages When Launching Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Warning Messages When Launching Files: The message of this type is displayed every time when I launch installation files. Can someone explain how to disable such messages, so that files may be launched instantly?...
  5. Disabling Warning Messages When Launching Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Warning Messages When Launching Files: The message of this type is displayed every time when I launch installation files. Can someone explain how to disable such messages, so that files may be launched instantly?...
  6. Warning Message or

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Warning Message or: Your Windows license will expire soon. you need to activate windows in settings. Tabs enabled as Go to Settings / Close. Thanks & Regards RNM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warning-message-or/bb3b94d1-d31d-411a-b416-ad9ac8cb42c1
  7. Warning message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Warning message: You must restart your computer to turn off user account control I have restarted my computer and nothing has changed Always show this message I do not know what to do Please i need help to solve this problem...
  8. Warning message at startup

Warning message at startup: I get a message at startup saying "Microsoft Account Problem, click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" Is this real or spam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warning-message-at-startup/10b9600f-bade-436c-812a-c77be40eb6b7"
  9. Firewall warning message!

Firewall warning message!: Why, when I turn on my PC does the Microsoft message appear telling me my Mcafee firewall is turned off when it is actually on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-warning-message/c0bd85c6-473a-494b-9f56-9f9b0d8036f4"
  10. Warning message box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning message box: I was reading an article on MSN news earlier (Internet explorer) when a box came up saying Windows 10 was irrevocably damaged and to click on OK to start the repair process. It was accompanied by a loud alarm tone. No, I didn't click ok, I closed the page. I regularly scan...