Windows 10: Dropbox folder icons confusion

Discus and support Dropbox folder icons confusion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As a user of Dropbox, many of my folder icons look like this: [img] The icon is identical to shortcuts to folders. So when there is a mixture of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Terrypin Win User

Dropbox folder icons confusion

As a user of Dropbox, many of my folder icons look like this:

Dropbox folder icons confusion [​IMG]

The icon is identical to shortcuts to folders. So when there is a mixture of these it is hard to distinguish them. I'm wondering if there is a safe and simple way to change all folder shortcut icons, perhaps by just a colour change:

Dropbox folder icons confusion [​IMG]

:)

Terrypin, Feb 3, 2021
  2. JanJan Win User

Dropbox folder question

before when I install dropbox there's this icon below in the desktop which allows me in GMAIL to attach files inside the dropbox from desktop. (there were that icon and also the dropbox.exe icon)

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...art=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=45&ty=43

I've just reinstalled windows and the dropbox folder is gone but the dropbox.exe is still there. When I try to attach files from the dropbox in GMAIL, I cant, because if I try to open the dropbox, GMAIL would just attach the whole .exe file

Please help

Thanks

JanJan, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Mr McC Win User
    Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Dropbox folder icons confusion :confused:

Mr McC, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Dropbox folder icons confusion

Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Dropbox folder icons confusion

1. Dropbox folder icons confusion - Similar Threads - Dropbox folder icons

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Confusing taskbar search icon

Confusing taskbar search icon: Did Windows mistakenly replace Windows 11's search icon with Windows 10's? It's really not seamless with other icons. And is there a way to set the icon back to the original? like the icon of the search box...
  6. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox): Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder....
  7. How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.

How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.: I am trying to share a Dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-a-file-or-folder-on-dropbox/e160e190-d6ff-479e-99be-3b07baef1c24"
  8. How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.

How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.: I am trying to share a dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. The email is not in my contacts list but why should that matter? Any advice?...
  9. Change folder icon - maybe through regedit (Dropbox icon)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change folder icon - maybe through regedit (Dropbox icon): Hello! *Smile I have just setup my new laptop with Windows 10 Home and installed Dropbox. I noticed that the Dropbox folder icon is offset compared to other icons. The folder part of the icon is more towards the top than all other folder icons. See this image: Imgur: The...
  10. Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox: When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the...