Windows 10: Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow?

Discus and support Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a friend who has the following setup: Win 10 Pro with paid Dropbox which stores all her Documents, Pictures etc. iPhone with icloud Backup of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bubblyjubbly, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow?

I have a friend who has the following setup:

Win 10 Pro with paid Dropbox which stores all her Documents, Pictures etc.

iPhone with icloud Backup of her photos.

Picasa which she loves but hasn't been supported or updated in ages, but mostly works.

Up until now, she has used the following workflow for her photos:

Plug phone into computer, Picasa then shows her which new photos can be imported, they are then imported into the Dropbox Pictures Folder.

We tried to just use Dropbox photo syncing on her iphone, but the syncing stops every 10 mins or so.

So we've stuck with the above workflow.

I'd really like to make everything cloud based and not needing her to plug the phone in and import.

I'd also like to replace Picasa, but I just haven't found anything else as simple to use.

She also needs a Photo Manager that allows her to mail via outlook, not windows mail.

A compromise would be as follows:

Import all the latest photos into dropbox pictures via Picasa.

Turn on Dropbox photo sync on her iphone, but sync ONLY NEW photos and videos.

Turn on sync over 4G so the iPhone Background Sync in Dropbox works better.

Replace Picasa.

I'm very much open to suggestions Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow? :)

submitted by /u/bubblyjubbly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bubblyjubbly, Feb 23, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Photos sync issue on iPhone to Computer.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which application are you using to sync the images in your iPhone with your computer?

If you are using iCloud to sync your photos between your iPhone and Computer, after the photos get synced, the files will be stored on iCloud. Once you edit or make changes to the photos, it will change on other devices as well. If you delete the photos
    on one device, it will be deleted from iCloud and if you want to get back the photos, you can restore it from recently deleted album within 30 days.

For more information I would suggest you to refer the articles to
    Delete photos on your iPhone
    iCloud: Delete photos and videos to save storage on iCloud
    and check if it helps you.

You may also refer
    Manage your iCloud storage
    for details that could prove itself useful.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow?

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow? :)

justinmreina, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow?

1. Dropbox, iphone and icloud photos workflow? - Similar Threads - Dropbox iphone icloud

2. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  3. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC: Photos on my iPhone sync to my iCloud account, my iPad and to my PC Windows 10. Since I reinstalled Windows, I can no longer access the newest photos. No problems accessing those photos that were taken before the re-install. My iPad syncs all photos, plenty of room in my...
  4. Syncing iPhone photos from iCloud to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Iphone photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iphone photos.: I have I phone photos copied to a CD. I am able to see all of them on two of my computers running windows 11 desktop and new Dell laptop. I have a new build from parts with intel I9, 3080 graphics and windows 11. It will not view all of the photos. About 80% show up as...
  6. Iphone photos.

Iphone photos.: I have I phone photos copied to a CD. I am able to see all of them on two of my computers running windows 11 desktop and new Dell laptop. I have a new build from parts with intel I9, 3080 graphics and windows 11. It will not view all of the photos. About 80% show up as...
  7. iCloud photos

iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  8. iPhone Photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iPhone Photos: Hello, can i upload/save all my photos and videos off my iPhone to my laptop? submitted by /u/S1L3NTASSAS1N [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kayrbg/iphone_photos/
  9. Iphone Photos

Iphone Photos: I am unable to see my photos on my phone via Windows Explorer. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-photos/2b9821c3-9c96-4e15-a5d0-c40da5812c28"
  10. Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app

Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app: Hello, I have spent 12 hours with Microsoft Tech Support and the problem isn't resolved. I have an iphone that I tried to download my pics thru the Microsoft Photos App (I like the way it organizes the photos). I always get an error midway thru the download that nothing is...