Windows 10: Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?

Discus and support Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A friend bought a new HP TP01-1050, i5, Windows 10 Home PC from amazon and I'm setting it up for him. While using the PC, a Dropbox promotion popped up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mck, Feb 10, 2021.

1. MCK
    mck Win User

Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?

A friend bought a new HP TP01-1050, i5, Windows 10 Home PC from amazon and I'm setting it up for him. While using the PC, a Dropbox promotion popped up and the popup did not have any way to close it except to click the "OK" button which I guess is "OK to install Dropbox". I had to get rid of the popup by opening up Task Manager and doing an "End Task" for Dropbox. But that will be too much for my friend to handle.

Googling, I see that Dropbox may come pre-installed on some HP and Acer PCs. But it is not listed in Win10's Program & Features so it is not pre-installed on my friend's HP PC. Nor is there a Dropbox promo listed in Program & Features.

In Program & Features, I had previously removed everything not normal except for three HP programs. The Dropbox promotion popup happened after that.

So now I'm not sure whether the Dropbox promo popup is being caused by the Win10 that came installed on the HP PC or maybe from one of the 3 HP programs remaining.

Anybody have the Dropbox promo popup and know how to get rid of it?

:)

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2021
  3. loftus49 Win User
    Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

New Dropbox folder

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?
    If you are facing any issues with Dropbox, I suggest you to post the query on Dropbox forums for further assistance.

Refer to the below link.

Dropbox Help Center

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP? - Similar Threads - Dropbox promotion happening

2. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  3. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  4. Promote Application Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Promote Application Data: What is this folder for? When I opened it, all I found was a string of characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promote-application-data/9146ae25-9542-4407-b485-16a3dfef48f0
  5. Promote Application Data

Promote Application Data: What is this folder for? When I opened it, all I found was a string of characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/promote-application-data/9146ae25-9542-4407-b485-16a3dfef48f0
  6. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  7. Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app: Microsoft’s latest effort to promote Chromium Edge involves a banner in the Windows 10 Settings app. In Windows 10 preview builds, if you install a third-party browser and set it as the default browser, a new banner in the Settings app will recommend the Chromium Edge...
  8. Dropbox sharing link via email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox sharing link via email: Hi Needing help with creating a link ["Give Access To/Specific People"] - it doesn't seem to work using myself as Owner and then sharing. Do I need to individually add people's email or doesn't it work viewing through a phone? Thanks!...
  9. Nothing happen after upgrade win10 to 1809 via Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happen after upgrade win10 to 1809 via Update Assistant: I tried to upgrade my Windows from build 1803 to 1809, but after the Assistant completed update and restarted my PC, the update progress went to around 15% and then boot normally. Nothing changed at all....
  10. DropBox Alternative for Win10

DropBox Alternative for Win10: Good day all, I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any hassle and I'm very happy about that. There's one issue I've run in to and I could use some expert advice. I run a freelance...