Windows 10: Dropdown Box Font Color

Discus and support Dropdown Box Font Color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StormyKnight007, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Dropdown Box Font Color

Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark]

When I change the default app mode as light the dropdown box font color is black on a white background as it should be. I don't know how to change the font color or IF I can.

I don't know if it's related or not but this started happening after the Edge settings included "Choose a Theme" light/dark.

I like the dark default app mode because I have rather large screens for my computer and the light default app mode is too bright for my eyes- especially when the room is darker in the evening.

Does Microsoft have any plans to address this issue soon? It never happened before the afore mentioned update.

The first picture below shows the dropdown box with the white font. When highlighting the selection by moving the cursor over the area sometimes I can see the selections as the highlight is light grey.....but you can see it's a white font on a white background. This is with the default app mode set to dark.

Dropdown Box Font Color 04fed2b6-5749-43a9-be54-88d5c519e4a1?upload=true.jpg

This second picture is when the default app color is set to light.

Dropdown Box Font Color cc8eb0b2-f79f-4ec4-bb8f-e354a742617b?upload=true.jpg

:)

StormyKnight007, Dec 25, 2018
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 25, 2018
  3. biren11 Win User
    E71 contacts font color

recently i upgraded E71 to new firmware. now i am noticing that i cannot use any dark themes as all contact fonts stays in black color only.everyting( fonts color ) is in white color,i tried lot diffrent dark base themes, samething i cannot read the whole
    list of contacts, the only contact i can read is the one highlighted.any solutions or suggestions.

biren11, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Dropdown Box Font Color

Font Color Degredation

To craft your own, custom colors, select the More Colors item from the Font Color menu to display the Colors dialog box.

Smittychat., Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Dropdown Box Font Color

1. Dropdown Box Font Color - Similar Threads - Dropdown Box Font

2. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  3. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  4. Why is "Move To" dropdown box not opening?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is "Move To" dropdown box not opening?: The dropdown box for "Move To" or "Copy To" no longer works as per usual.Previously, it opened a dropdown of the major folders or areas: Desktop, Documents, Music, etc. Now, it saus: "Choose Location."Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone else know why it is happeing...
  5. Why is "Move To" dropdown box not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Move To" dropdown box not opening?: The dropdown box for "Move To" or "Copy To" no longer works as per usual.Previously, it opened a dropdown of the major folders or areas: Desktop, Documents, Music, etc. Now, it saus: "Choose Location."Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone else know why it is happeing...
  6. Change font color on "Type here to search" box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font color on "Type here to search" box: Hello, when I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black? Thank you Bob...
  7. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding fonts from application dropdown: Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to bring my font list down to the dozen or so fonts I actually use instead of a bunch of symbol fonts which I will never use....
  8. ICS dropdown box missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICS dropdown box missing: I have the same issue as this guy here. The issue is still unsolved, the dropdown box is still missing. On my PC it is working but on my Surface it isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ics-dropdown-box-missing/5c85e2c0-e049-4b38-b294-239fe486932a
  9. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...
  10. customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes: I use an electronic medical record program that has many drop-down menus that I'm able to "check" by clicking on an empty box. My HP Pavillion desktop Windows 10 program fills in the empty box with a light green checkmark that's very hard to see. I'd prefer a dark black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. font color in drop down box