Windows 10: Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...

Discus and support Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I do not pretend to know computer lingo so I apologize in advance if I don't explain myself adequately. My problem is with my mouse. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lostin10jail, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...

Hello! I do not pretend to know computer lingo so I apologize in advance if I don't explain myself adequately. My problem is with my mouse. It is working properly for "pointing" to links etc. However, when there is any kind of drop down menu on the site I am working with (all-not just one in particular) the scrolling function of the mouse is so fast I cannot even choose the option I want before it has zoomed down the list. Also happening when I choose start-up menu, or settings menu. I have used the "troubleshoot" feature to no avail. It reports all is fine. I tried to update the drivers anyway, didn't help. When I go to the mouse settings in device manager to set the speed it jumps so fast from "slow" to "fast" I am unable to get it to choose any speed in between. I have the scroll function set to 3 lines. I restarted the computer, took batteries out of mouse. Do not know what else to try. Nothing I have tried has corrected the problem. Weird that has been working fine until yest or day before. I do not see an update recently. So...now what? Any help is appreciated.

:)

Lostin10jail, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Windows 10 start menu dropdown

Hi,

Let's fix your Start Menu by following the methods below.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Run this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problems with Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 30, 2019
  4. tomybooy Win User

Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...

Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...

1. Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to... - Similar Threads - Dropdown menu start

2. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  3. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  4. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu flickering ish: Hi, my W10 pc just suddenly started to flicker ish, like i cant turn off the pc or search for anything or do anything there. its like jumping between 2 apps and idk what to do, i tried alot of stuff and tbh it's starting to annoy me so much rn. im gonna post a youtube link so...
  5. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu flickering ish: Hi, my W10 pc just suddenly started to flicker ish, like i cant turn off the pc or search for anything or do anything there. its like jumping between 2 apps and idk what to do, i tried alot of stuff and tbh it's starting to annoy me so much rn. im gonna post a youtube link so...
  6. Start menu flickering ish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  8. Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes: Have an issue whereby the Star Menu in Win 10 autoscrolls to the top when I release the left mouse button. It stops scrolling when I move the cursor off the affected area. Also, I cannot scroll and get the focus to remain on any Windows window. As soon as I release the...
  9. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  10. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...