Windows 10: Dropdown showing document path

Discus and support Dropdown showing document path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Mac, you can right-click on the filenamein the title bar of a document window and get a dropdown menu showing all the enclosing folders in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mesquitos, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mesquitos Win User

Dropdown showing document path

In Mac, you can right-click on the filenamein the title bar of a document window and get a dropdown menu showing all the enclosing folders in the file path of the document. Furthermore, you can select from that dropdown to open that enclosing folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows? Yes, I know that you can do Save As, but that is more steps than I would like and also that doesn't allow me to open any of the enclosing folders easily.

:)

Mesquitos, Oct 3, 2019

2. How to show: \\ full path > Users > First.Last ; NOT: \\ icon >First. Last

Hi Greg,

The full location path on Quick access will show up once you click the title bar. You may also want to check if you were able to enable the option to show the full path in the Folder Options. If you haven't checked it yet, you may follow the
    steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Select View tab and click Options on the top-right part of the window.
    • Go to Change folder and search options.
    • Choose View tab, tick the Display the full path in the title bar option.
    • Click Apply then OK.

Dropdown showing document path ae41e7a0-6086-42fe-a5a9-7544c546578b.png

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Dropdown showing document path

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Dropdown showing document path

1. Dropdown showing document path - Similar Threads - Dropdown showing document

2. New explorer layout breadcrumbs path dropdown window too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New explorer layout breadcrumbs path dropdown window too small: The down arrow on the new explorer layout shows other locations. The dropdown height is good, it shows multiple locations and even lets me scroll down to view more.I could not upload images on this forum so here is a linkhttps://i.imgur.com/FlQEVTG.pngThe tree dots on the...
  3. New explorer layout breadcrumbs path dropdown window too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New explorer layout breadcrumbs path dropdown window too small: The down arrow on the new explorer layout shows other locations. The dropdown height is good, it shows multiple locations and even lets me scroll down to view more.I could not upload images on this forum so here is a linkhttps://i.imgur.com/FlQEVTG.pngThe tree dots on the...
  4. Document Folder path in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document Folder path in Windows 11: Hello: I have a question about Document folder path in Windows 11. While I was setting up Windows 11, I was forced to use the online MS account. After initial setup, I logged out and created a local account. I also UNLINK OneDrive form This PC. However, now I see two...
  5. Document Folder path in Windows 11

Document Folder path in Windows 11: Hello: I have a question about Document folder path in Windows 11. While I was setting up Windows 11, I was forced to use the online MS account. After initial setup, I logged out and created a local account. I also UNLINK OneDrive form This PC. However, now I see two...
  6. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  7. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  8. Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown: Tried to make room for my work, thought my documents folder in onedrive drop down arrow was empty, and my actual document were elsewhere. Deleted it, also emptied my recycling bin. Didn't realise until after bin was emptied. My OneDrive account is not backed up to a recent...
  9. Update Network Path To Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Network Path To Documents Folder: We had our network path changed for documents folder on the file server as the old one was decommissioned. For example: Documents folder was pointing to \\michigan1 and was changed to \\michigan2 however in the registry it has the old path Is there a way i can create a...
  10. Path to 'Documents' folder -- strange behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Path to 'Documents' folder -- strange behavior: About three weeks ago I migrated from XP to Windows 10, putting all my personal folders that were in XP's 'My Documents' into Win10's 'Documents' folder. The eBooks for my legacy eBook reader (MobiPocket) were in the XP folder 'My eBooks', which is now a sub-folder of Win10's...