Windows 10: Dropped frames and high ping on Windows 10 laptop only when not connected to power source.

Discus and support Dropped frames and high ping on Windows 10 laptop only when not connected to power source. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; System Specs: System Model: Dell G3 3579 Windows 10 Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750 CPU @2.20GHz, 6 cores... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dhibs137, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dhibs137 Win User

Dropped frames and high ping on Windows 10 laptop only when not connected to power source.

System Specs:

System Model: Dell G3 3579

Windows 10 Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750 CPU @2.20GHz, 6 cores

Default Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

My laptop is only 3 months old and I have been noticing this issue lately. I have set high performance mode as default in all of my games and did various tweaks to improve performance of online games yet the frame rate remains at 40-60 at best with a ping of 70+ which causes consistent lags. But the problem only persists when my laptop is not connected to the power source. When connected to power source frame rate boosts up to 260 and ping decreases to 3-6 and the gameplay becomes very smooth with almost no lags at all. I have tried changing the power plan as well but nothing prevailed. The problem seems to be about something with the power optimization on the laptop when not connected to the power source. Any help will be much appreciated.

:)

Dhibs137, Dec 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 High Ping on Games

Is it before the CSGO update or after. Lots of people are reporting this issue after the update. They are saying that the new update has messed up the routing or something. I would suggest to try connection optimizer like Kill Ping. It will bypass all the
    nodes in between and directly connect you to game server.

But first do these steps given in the guide for CSGO

How to Solve High Ping Issues in CS:GO

omairhaider, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Windows won't boot up when unplug laptop power source

The problem is that, if i didn't unplug the power source from the laptop(ie : i just leave it connected to the power source) the laptop can boot just fine. The problem happens when i unplug the power source, and plug in back with the power source, the laptop
    will go black screen after the acer logo

AmuroHirai, Dec 2, 2018
  4. ICE
    Ice Win User

Dropped frames and high ping on Windows 10 laptop only when not connected to power source.

Xbox One to Windows 10 Stuttering/Lag/Frame Rate Drop Problem

Whenever I stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC, the game lags as if the frame rate dropped, so it basically stutters more then lag. And I've seen YouTube videos of people streaming their Xbox One to their computers and the game is not lagging what so ever. And those people have like a laptop or a tablet, something that is probably less powerful then my PC (spec wise). So what's the problem? My PC is connected via Ethernet and my Xbox One is connected via WiFi, the router is in the same room as both. My connection is [Ping: 10 ms] [Download: 29.64 Mb's] [Upload: 6.07 Mb's]. So what's the problem?

Thema:

1. Dropped frames and high ping on Windows 10 laptop only when not connected to power source. - Similar Threads - Dropped frames high

2. high ping only in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high ping only in game: So I recently decided to jump on my pc and play some online games been playing bloodborne suddenly any game I play I always have ping spikes. I have tried so many things been troubleshooting for two whole days now and am at a loss. I have a high spec pc paid 2000 dollars for...
  3. high ping only in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high ping only in game: So I recently decided to jump on my pc and play some online games been playing bloodborne suddenly any game I play I always have ping spikes. I have tried so many things been troubleshooting for two whole days now and am at a loss. I have a high spec pc paid 2000 dollars for...
  4. high ping only in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High ping spikes windows 10 only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High ping spikes windows 10 only: Hi, I've been having problems with my PC since I bought it. I been experiencing randomly slow wifi download and upload I do not use wired, and I cannot. The modem is close and on other devices I get 200+ mbps download and 15+ upload. With my PC I get around 30 and sometimes...
  6. Any solution to this ping drop is highly thankable. My router keeps dropping the ping on a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any solution to this ping drop is highly thankable. My router keeps dropping the ping on a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arkrishna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fchsdj/any_solution_to_this_ping_drop_is_highly/
  7. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  8. Frame Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame Drops: Hi, since the last update I made (windows 10, version 1903, 6/12/2019) while I'm playing I started dropping frames in almost any game. What to do? How can I solve this? I have this build: Specifications: Motherboard: Maximus Hero XI CPU: i9-9900k GPU: RTX 2080 TI STRIX...
  9. Laptop WiFi connection drops when on battery power

Laptop WiFi connection drops when on battery power: After installing Windows 10 update KB4467702 a few months ago I noticed my laptop's WiFi connection kept dropping: I'd get the "No Internet Connection" message eventhough other devices on the same network were fine. After trying countless fixes, I discovered this Microsoft...
  10. Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping

Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping: Hi, I've recently gotten a new laptop and I noticed that my WiFi speed is very inconsistent. Basically, I'm downloading something at 600kBps and then it drops to 300, goes back up, drops again and keeps doing this all the time. Similarly, I have a huge problem with...