Windows 10: Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow

Discus and support Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I just dropped my HPENVY on my carpeted floor and now it is running very slow! It landed where the laptop folds to close. Wanted to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Babybee922, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow

Hi,
    I just dropped my HPENVY on my carpeted floor and now it is running very slow! It landed where the laptop folds to close.

Wanted to see if there was anything I can do to fix it before I take it to computer shop tomorrow.
    Thanks!

:)

Babybee922, Mar 27, 2017

2. computer running slow after latest update

I have just updated my computer (HP Envy I7 64bit) and its running frustratingly slow... why?

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ariesullivan, Mar 27, 2017

HP Envy 750-624

HP - ENVY Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive + Intel Optane Memory

lakeside339, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow

Only thing I can think of is maybe something got knocked loose. Maybe a RAM DIMM got knocked out and is now low on RAM. Just to cover the very basics, you did restart it at least once, right?

ArazelEternal, Mar 27, 2017
  5. Yes. The computer actually restarted on its own. I did restart it again. And it was still slow.

Babybee922, Mar 27, 2017
  6. What is the model number and specs of the laptop? If you could, please fill out your system specs.

ArazelEternal, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Intel Core i7
    Hp envy x360 convertible marshmallow
    Model m6-aq005dx

Babybee922, Mar 27, 2017
  8. Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow

So it looks like it is supposed to have 12GB RAM in it. If you open the task manager and look under the memory tab on the left, does it reflect 12 (may be slightly less like 11.98, sometimes it isnt exact).

If that shows up fine, I would run chkdsk on the drive. Open an admin commant prompt and type: chkdsk C: /R

It will ask to schedule the check for the next restart. Say yes, and restart the computer and allow it to perform the check.

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow

1. Dropped HP ENVY core i7- computer running very slow - Similar Threads - Dropped ENVY core

2. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  3. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  4. HP ENVY x360 was stuck in a BSOD loop, now everything runs very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY x360 was stuck in a BSOD loop, now everything runs very slow: Hello, Last night my 3 month old HP Envy x360 was stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop, I received multiple different stop codes upon crashing, I received:KERNAL_BOOST_INVALID_LOCKPAGE_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDUpon entering the Windows Recovery...
  5. HP ENVY x360 was stuck in a BSOD loop, now everything runs very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP ENVY x360 was stuck in a BSOD loop, now everything runs very slow: Hello, Last night my 3 month old HP Envy x360 was stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop, I received multiple different stop codes upon crashing, I received:KERNAL_BOOST_INVALID_LOCKPAGE_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDUpon entering the Windows Recovery...
  6. HP ENVY x360 was stuck in a BSOD loop, now everything runs very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. HP Pavilion Core i7 1165G BSOD

HP Pavilion Core i7 1165G BSOD: Hello I bought a new HP laptop few weeks ago, but I'm always getting the BSOD with Watchdog violation error. The BSOD appears mostly after opening Task Manager and click on Network column in the Performance tab. I tried almost everything to solve this problem but nothing...
  8. my computer is running very slow

my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  9. Computer is running very slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is running very slow: My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies. Please help. AB Mavhungu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-is-running-very-slow/ebca2912-84c8-4e15-8ea0-bc01844e2c4a
  10. my computer runs very slow

my computer runs very slow: please help to make my computer runs faster thanks and god bless alanis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-very-slow/47ae14ce-1dd2-4323-b2bc-d16e3b1a6c82